Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday 29th September 2013…..2 posts in one!!!!

The huge thunder and lightening storm last night knocked out the Internet so today is two for one day!!!

Saturday morning beautiful sunshine and Loren and I played  2 hours of great singles tennis it sure felt good to be back on the courts again…forgot to mention before I left for tennis watched a live soccer game from England.

After tennis came home for lunch and guess what……watched another live soccer game and then went to pick up my girl and we went to get the car and the bike and she went biking in the park for 2 hours!!!

DSCF1402

she loves it she rides around and around then a different route then comes for a drink and then more biking then she comes for her sandwich…just a delight to see her having so much fun she also teases me and her English is getting better every time…we stopped and bought some fruit for her to take home.

Last night Carolyn and I went out to dinner and then into the main Jardin to watch the festivities…it was mobbed…and the parade was over 90 minutes long everyone having lots of fun.

DSCF1418

DSCF1424

DSCF1436

It was a fun evening and later in the evening I have never heard thunder so loud and so close.

This morning after watching yet another live soccer game went to Carolyn's and we hiked around the neighborhood just look at places that I always drive by and do not get a chance to see..on the way passed by these kids

DSCN5951

DSCN5952

DSCN5956

DSCN5957

The hills in the center background are the canyons where I hike from my casita.

DSCN5960

It was a good walk the sun was out the whole time and we finished going down town went through one of the markets

DSCN5961

 

Town was packed with people and another long parade going on…

DSCN5962

DSCN5971

You will notice the date on some of the these shots..my camera is finally toast and I am using Carolyn's if anyone can tell me how to take the date off I would appreciate it.

DSCN5969

DSCN5972

This guy pulled Carolyn out of the crowd and started dancing with her then showered her with confetti

DSCN5973

There were some truly wonderful costumes and all the folks watching in the heat and no crying babies…

DSCN5985

DSCN5979

DSCN5986

DSCN5988

DSCN5997

Before

DSCN6004

and after

DSCN6005

DSCN6011

 

It was a great walk to see some beautiful homes and landscapes and then the activities down town.

Early evening I was treated to a lovely home cooked meal by Carolyn and now catching up with blogs and e mails…

 

DSCN6012

Yashi Koshi!!!

3 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

I noticed that this summer, the thunder there is tremendously loud. Looks like it was a good weekend all the way around. Glad you're enjoying your life in SMA!

Paula and Jerry said...

Some of those costumes are truly amazing! Thanks for sharing, Lesito!
ps Paola is looking great and soooo very happy.

mexicokid said...

hey guys thanks never heard thunder like it and these folks sure know how to celebrate and yes the kid is doing great...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...