Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Tuesday 6th August 2013…the day was like the weather!!!

Just a glorious wonderful warm sunny morning ideal for 2 hours of tennis…..I am having just a little twinge in my elbow but funnily enough not when I am playing so doing some home doctoring and wearing my brace hope it heals soon.

After tennis I met two ladies who I had met at a house party of Sunday..they have just bought a motor home and want to do some touring in Mexico so after 6 years of using the Church’s wonderful Mexican RV books I felt it was time to pass them on so I hope the ladies get as much use as I did from them.

Then came home and showered and changed and went downtown to the Rotary club meeting..the guest speaker was Warren Hardy who owns a Spanish school here and is a wonderful speaker the topic was Mexican protocol and what is important to Mexicans…it was a great lecture and very informative and brought home to me what I already know that the local people are so wonderful and family orientated… a great 2 hours….from there some chores in town and then back home.

DSCF0674

Where will see a more beautiful church??

Ok this is a long story so maybe get a cup of tea and sit down……

Yesterday I was on little Blackie going into town when I came across a young lady walking down the street with a shoulder bag….she was a very attractive and a head turner…as I was coming up behind her a guy running towards her ran past her and snatched her bag and ran down the street…I turned the scoter around and gave chase after him…down a few alleys the wrong way down a one way street…across some open land and I caught up with him just as he was about he climb a fence…without any thought for my safety I ditched the bike and grabbed his legs and pulled him down off the fence…we wrestled around on the ground for a while but you know me…16 years of Police service…I got him into a choke hold and managed to subdue him until another guy came along who called the police on his cell phone and a few minutes later he was taken away…I had the ladies bag and went back to where she had been robbed and she was on the side walk sobbing…..like a knight in shining armor I produced the bag and she was so thrilled gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek and said how can I repay you???  Chivalrous as ever I said about dinner tonight?     So we are meeting later for dinner…..anyway when I ditched the scooter the left hand mirror got broken so here is my fix it man Silvestre and his son doing the repair work

DSCF0676

he fixed it within an hour and the cost 40 pesos!!

Now there may be some skeptics out there who scoff at the above story wanting to believe that I actually fell off the scooter on a track behind my casita and thus breaking the mirror…you choose!!!!!

I quiet evening at home planned….life is good!!!!

4 comments:

Rod and Sylvia said...

A story doesn't have to be true for us to enjoy it.....

Paula and Jerry said...

I guess we'll just have to come equipped with a larger shovel this year. No biggie! You crazy amigo! :o)

mexicokid said...

am I not believable anymore??? les

Carol said...

And it's not even April 1!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...