Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday 29th August 2013……a day for the memory bank!!!

Sorry about yesterday’s post the lady in the big house in the complex had an extra telephone line installed yesterday and the workers thought they may have needed to come in to my place but did not but when I got home the Internet was down and also the Magic Jack was not working managed to get the Internet back but not the phone…not a happy camper!!!

The main news from yesterday was my biggest poker win…600 pesos!!!!  that pays my parking garage for the month.

So today was a hike day..the group that I went hiking with last Sunday were doing a hike close to the city of Guanajuato, the State capital and I was invited and 6 of us left at 9am and Steve the leader today used to live in that city and knew the hike…it was a bit gloomy but soon the sun arrived and it was a beautiful day……

DSCF0979

Taken from the parking lot and X is the destination

DSCF0980

DSCF0981

The first part of the hike was uphill and interesting

DSCF0988

The view of the city looking back

DSCF0984

DSCF0998

Neat rock formation and a chapel with the altar on the right!!

DSCF0999

The next part of the hike was a little more challenging…

DSCF1002

DSCF1003

The views awesome!!

DSCF1010

DSCF1012

DSCF1016

DSCF1019

DSCF1021

DSCF1023

The summit!!!!

DSCF1025

DSCF1018

I like the above photo what is at the X you ask??

DSCF1028

The statue of Christo Rey..if you want to read about him check out January 6th blog!!!!

It was a wonderful hike up the mountain and the views were so amazing!!!!

DSCF1037

DSCF1038

We took a different trail back to the car

DSCF1034

Steve then took us into the city center which is very different from san Miguel very European and a University city and not many Americans or Canadians!!!

DSCF1046

DSCF1050

 

-

DSCF1051

DSCF1054

 

DSCF1056

DSCF1061

DSCF1071

We went to a lovely French restaurant for a late lunch which was very good and back to San Miguel just after 4pm…..a remarkable day!!!

Hope the following amusing sentences does not insult anyone not meant too…just a little funny I think!!!


I went to the cemetery yesterday to lay some flowers on a grave. As I was standing there I noticed 4 grave diggers walking about with a coffin , 3 hours later and they're still walking about with it. I thought to myself , they've lost the plot!!
My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our local pet shop and they were £70!!! Blow this , I thought , I can get one cheaper off the web..
I was at an ATM yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could check her balance , so I pushed her over.
I start a new job in Seoul next week. I thought it was a good Korea move.

Statistically , 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.
My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am this morning , can you believe that , 2:30am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes.
Paddy says "Mick , I'm thinking of buying a Labrador ."Bugger that" says Mick "have you seen how many of their owners go blind?"
Man calls 999
and says "I think my wife is dead" The operator says how do you know? He says "The sex is the same but the ironing is building up!"
I saw a poor old lady fall over today on the ice!! At least I presume she was poor - she only had £1.20 in her purse.
My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend
yet.
A wife says to her husband you're always pushing me around and talking behind my back. He says what do you expect? You're in a wheelchair.
The wife has been missing a week now. Police said to prepare for the worst. So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back.
Two Muslims have crashed a speedboat into the Thames barrier in London . Police think it might be the start of Ram-a-dam.

The wife was counting all the 5p's and 10p's out on the kitchen table when she suddenly got very angry and started shouting and crying for no reason. I thought to myself , "She's going through the change."
When I was in the pub I heard a couple of plonkas saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman.
What a pair of sexists. I mean , it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody thing!

Bought some 'rocket salad' yesterday but it went off before I could eat it!
A teddy bear is working on a building site. He goes for a tea break and when he returns he notices his pick has been stolen. The bear is angry and reports the theft to the foreman. The foreman grins at the bear and says "Oh , I forgot to tell you , today's the day the teddy bears have their pick nicked."
Murphy says to Paddy "What ya talkin to an envelope for?" "I'm sending a voicemail ya thick sod!"
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball.
It was a lovely service.


19 paddies go to the cinema , the ticket lady asks "Why so many of you?"
Mick replies , "The film said 18 or over."
An Asian fellow has moved in next door. He has travelled the world , swum with sharks , wrestled bears and climbed the highest mountain. It came as no surprise to learn his name was Bindair Dundat.

 

Yashi Koshi!!!

3 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

I liked the one about the "change. Great views of the city, actually, fantastic. Maybe you can be our guide.

mexicokid said...

as we were hiking I thought about you and Juan we will for sure put it on our list cheers les

Unknown said...

I was laughing out loud at some of these - of course I'm stoned!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...