Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday 30th August 2013…My Friday Pearson hike!!

Was all packed up and hit the road at 9.30am I was hopefully going to find an old volcano crater but I only had directions to the trail head so no expectations…..it was a bit cloudy but then got sunny and I turned off the highway about 4 km outside of town passed through the very small very clean village of Los Barcas

DSCF1105

to the trailhead

DSCF1075

DSCF1073

X is where I think I need to be…

DSCF1077

the start of the trail and it was up hill but easy to follow and the views back into town and of the the Presa(lake) were very nice!!

DSCF1083

DSCF1081

DSCF1086

DSCF1089

Saw a couple of other hikers on the trail one having lunch!!!!

DSCF1093

DSCF1098

DSCF1095

So far it was all up hill so lunch was very welcome

DSCF1099

DSCF1100

the trail was easy to follow until I got to this gate absolutely in the middle of nowhere

DSCF1094

From here there was no trail and I did follow the creek bed up hill for a while but soon realized I was just getting higher and higher…… part of me. the obstinate part, wanted to keep going but the sensible part was telling me to return the way I had come and the sensible side won out so I turned around and came back.

DSCF1101

It was a good hike and I enjoyed the solitude , the views and the exercise…

Came back to town and did some chores before coming home……

Hoping now it will not rain before morning so I can at last play tennis this week…..

I want to wish all my Canadian and American readers a very happy and safe long weekend!!!

Yashi Koshi!!!

4 comments:

Croft said...

What? No blood??

mexicokid said...

sorry big guy don't get it?? no blood? les

Croft said...

Your hikes have been known to end up with bloody knees, etc.

Sorry chap - Canadian humour...

mexicokid said...

got it..you have a good memory came away unscathed this time cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...