Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday 2nd August 2013……a day to myself!!!!

After the busy few weeks driving and bringing home Linda and Guy and the driving for the kids to their camps and classes I really needed a day to myself and today was that day.

I got up at 8am and had a nice cuppa whilst reading an old newspaper and at 10am I packed up lots of food and drinks on got on Little Blackie I was heading for a hike that one of my tennis buddies told me about it was a ways out of town but I had good directions.

The drive was lovely through beautiful scenery and I found the turn off and a place to park and X marks the spot where I have to climb ….

DSCF0597

 

A closer view of the ridge

DSCF0598

I really was in the middle of no where but the scenery was special…

DSCF0599

DSCF0607

DSCF0610

DSCF0609

DSCF0611

From the top of the ridge.  A week free subscription to my blog if anyone can spot Little Blackie???

DSCF0612

DSCF0613

For just a small point and shoot camera the zoom is really good!!

DSCF0615

A different trail back

DSCF0616

It was a really pleasant hike and soon I was back at my bike and I found a place to stop for lunch with a view.

DSCF0622

 

DSCF0623

DSCF0625

I went home  a different way I was on the trail they call the road of the little chapels…..stretch of dirt roads connecting these chapels!!!

DSCF0629

DSCF0633

I think I may have taken a wrong turn here!!!

DSCF0635

DSCF0641

DSCF0645

DSCF0648

DSCF0650

DSCF0656

I did not get home till after 5pm  a great day and 85 km on Little Blackie

DSCF0618

My friend Robin sent me this…is it not the funniest tat you have seen??

tatto

Yashi Koshi!!

2 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Yes that was a very funny tatoo! Beautiful scenery for your trip today.

mexicokid said...

I agree very funny and yes today the scenery was awesome thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...