Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday 10th July 2013……Home sweet HOME!!!

We all had a good sleep and left a little later after treating ourselves to McMuffins and coffee for L & G and juice for myself and we were on the road by 10am….getting out of Guadalajara was not a problem and really the drive was easy for me only 200 miles and at 2.30pm we were in SMA and a brilliant re union for Linda and Guy with their casa!!!

DSCF0294

DSCF0295

I cannot even begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster the last year has been for them both but to set foot into their house brought tears all around!!!

I stayed an unpacked the van for them and made sure they were settled and came back to my own lovely casita…I really missed SMA and all that it means to me.

So I was gone almost exactly 7 full days drove 2685 miles and no problems… I am so happy that I will not even mention the bathroom breaks taken by you know who today!!!!!

Thanks to my special friends for all the e mails and words of encouragement.

 

I am not trying to make any religious or political statements here I just liked the following story and thanks to Ray for passing it on to me.

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With their rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.


This class would NOT pray during the commencements, not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.


The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.


The speeches were nice, but they were routine until the final speech received a standing ovation.


A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened.


All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED !!!!


The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said,


'GOD BLESS YOU'
And he walked off the stage...

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval.

the above is a true story!!!

image

This is not actul;aly the route we took we went through Leon!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...