Thursday, July 04, 2013

Thursday 4th July 2013……God Bless the good old US of A!!!!!!!!

To all my lovely and special American friends…I salute you today!!!

2

Well I had a good sleep but was awake just before 6am…so I packed up and was on my way north…it was a long driving day and really quite uninteresting in places.

DSCF0218

DSCF0222

DSCF0223

At one of my road side rest stops I was stretching when I looked into the field a ways off and with the good zoom on my camera caught this shot…

DSCF0220

DSCF0221

DSCF0224

Was it hot??  Does the above answer that question??

Pemex is the Government owned gas company in  Mexico and the stations are everywhere all with the same price this is where I filled up this afternoon.

1

Anything special about this gas station???  Go to my blog archives November 12th 2010!!!!

So the only incident of the day was a funny one and one where the stigma of perceived acts sometimes are not what they might seem.

I was coming in to one of the many toll booth gates this afternoon and had to go over a Tope(speed bump) before the gate …at these booths quite often there are venders selling anything from live canaries, to food to pirated CD’s and as I approached the booth on my right hand side I saw a youth about 25 with CD’s in his hand waving me down…but I kept going to the ticket window where I paid and as I was leaving I see this same guy running like Usain Bolt(Gold medal sprinter) up to the van…two other venders were also waving me down…I thought here comes a scam and I was on alert with all windows and doors locked….I did slow down and pull to the side there were lots of people around and this guy shouts at me by the passenger side door and showing me a hub cap…..I open the window and he tells me I think…that my hub cap came off…..now I never heard the cap come off and to be honest I do not know what kind or make the hub cap was but the guy said it was mine and placed it through the window on the seat turned and walked away…I called him back said thanks and gave him 20 pesos and I drove off….I had no  idea if it was the van’s but I kept driving for a few miles when I stopped for a break and what do you think I discovered on the front near side wheel…that’s right no hub cap…it was now sitting on my seat..I love this country.

I realize that I have been impolite and not introduced you to Daphne……here she is minus one hub cap!!!!

DSCF0230

After 600 miles and 11 hours I was bagged and decided to stop at this nice hotel I saw just outside of Navojoa…..the room is lovely

DSCF0228

DSCF0229

After getting unpacked I went for a walk around the property

DSCF0232

DSCF0234

I know it is not Redwood size but this trunk was huge!!!!

I enjoyed stretching out in the room washing a few clothes and drink containers, had a shave and about a 20 minute shower…I have Internet so caught of on my e mails, news and sporting events.

Tonight I have some Downton Abbey serials to watch on the computer with ice tea…… boy I miss a real cuppa….

I did not get as far as I wanted to today but no worries it is not a race and I really enjoyed the drive today had lots to drink, ice packs for my neck and knee, good food, great music and I sorted my life out three times!!!!!

Blessings to all and thanks for the lovely e mails…..Les

Yashi Koshi!!

 

image

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Don't you just love having that alone time to think things out! I've done my finances, rebuilt my life, took a trip down memory lane and more.

As for the hubcap, it happens to all of us. Brings back the saying, "oh ye of little faith".

Great blog post.

mexicokid said...

thanks sounds you and Juan are doing great I have made a note of the town you went to today and I will go there cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...