Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday 18th July 2013…….all sorts!!

I am beginning to get mad at the rain…rained during the night so tennis was cancelled again this morning..so I had to watch the British open golf on TV with breakfast instead…talking of golf this was in the local paper in Nanaimo about my buddy Zack…what a great photo that his Dad took!!!

 

0717andersongolf

 

Zach Anderson is reaping the benefits of a having a golf coach. The Nanaimo golfer is coming off of back-to-back top 10 provincial championship finishes the last two weeks, and now has his sites set on duplicating that feat at the national level. Anderson, 17, finished fourth at the B.C. Golf Junior Championships at the Revelstoke Golf Club on July 5 at 5-under, and on Friday he finished in seventh at the B.C. Golf Amateur Championship at Invermere and Radium. Both are major steps forward from where he was last season. For that he credits the work of his coach Robert Ratcliffe, who runs the Ratcliffe Elite Golf Academy out of the Crown Isle Resort and Golf Community and the Duncan Meadows Golf and Country Club. "He's been really helping me lately," said Anderson. "We worked a lot in the winter and we worked a lot in the spring and he's really help me." Anderson had a big year last year, winning the CN Future Links Pacific tournament in Parksville, but his game has taken the next step this year. Despite struggling at this year's CN Future Links Pacific even in Courtenay, finishing tied for 29th, he won the CN Future Links Prairie tourney in Swift Current, Sask., and blew away his previous best finishes at the B.C. Juniors and B.C. Amateur. He built a lot of momentum at the Junior championship, firing a 5-under-67 in the fourth round to finish tied with Trevor Yu out of Vancouver for fourth overall at 5-under-283. Still, they were six shots back of Jared Dutoit of Kimberley, who won in a playoff over Jordan Lu of Vancouver and Kevin Vigna of Coquitlam. "I started off good with a birdie and I just putted real well the last day and didn't make very many mistakes," said Anderson. "I took advantage of the Par 5s and the easy holes and played safe on the tough holes and par." At the B.C. Amateur, a third round 4-under-66 jumped him up the leader board to fourth overall and put him in the second last group at 7-under-par. But he struggled early on the tough Copper Point Club in Invermere and fell out of contention, shooting the first four holes at 5-over-par. He recovered to shoot 2-under par over the final 14 holes, and finished the tournament at 3-under-280 and toed with Brent Wilson out of Victoria. But Anderson gained some valuable experience from it. "I learned to never give up," he said, having previously had a best finish of 43rd in two other tries at the championship. "I was really getting down on myself, but I just said 'There's still lots of golf left' and I really took advantage of the rest of the course and played well." That third round was something for him to build off of, even if it was at the easier Springs @ Radium course. He credits good friend Mark Valliere, out of Courtenay, who caddied for him after missing the cut. "He really helped me that day to just stay calm and helped me with a couple of shots," said Anderson. If the Dover Bay Secondary School student can keep performing at this level, it will make a college scholarship a real possibility after he graduates next year, saying he is already talking to a Div. I NCAA school. He can really gain some attention in a couple of weeks when he travels to Garson, Ont., for the Canadian Junior Boys Championship from July 30-Aug. 2, a tournament he has entered twice before. He will then make his debut at the Canadian Men's Amateur Championship at the Royal Colwood Golf Club and the Gorge Vale Golf Club in Victoria Aug. 6-9. "I'm hoping to come top 10 at the Canadian Junior and top 30 at the Canadian Amateur," said Anderson. "If I play good, then I should be able to meet those goals." - See more at:

 

I think this is great!!!

xiccer

I decided that because of the incident yesterday with the two young ladies to change the lock on the main gate entry and also on their casita door….a locksmith was recommended to me by three different people and I called him and he came over this morning.

I just love this country and these people I was expecting somebody in a van with a portable machine and lots of supplies but who was at the door but a man in his thirties on a push bike with a small backpack on his back!!   I wasn’t sure to let him in I did not know who he was but he laughed and he started work .He was here almost 90 minutes and replaced a big lock on the front gate and also on the girl’s casita and made 15 keys all with tools from his little back pack.  He made sure that I tried every key he was so good and he charged 500 pesos about 43 dollars…….

I then went to pick up Daniela and Ernestine and took them back to CH happy to report that Daniela was feeling much better and I promised them ice cream on the way home tomorrow.

I then went to meet Juan and Chris at Café Monet.

DSC02158DSC02141r

Here they are yesterday in the canyons.

We had a great visit and I really like their attitude, they know about life and how to live and they are also two of the most caring guys you could wish to meet.

Came home around 5pm and decided I need a work out so put on my hiking boots and hit the canyon trails for 2 hours I love it up there so tranquil and beautiful and lots of time to think and plan……

So a busy but good day.

yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...