Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday 28th July 2013…just a wonderful sunny and happy day!!

Started my day with a lovely breakfast the famous Pearson scrambled eggs and bacon and watched this great live soccer game.

 

SOLNA, Sweden -- Germany beat Norway 1-0 Sunday to win its eighth women's European championship in front of a record 41,000 spectators.

Celia Okoyino da Mbabi raced down the left wing and passed to substitute Anja Mittag who scored in the 49th minute.

Norway failed to score with two penalties. Germany goalkeeper Nadine Angerer saved Trine Ronning's kick in the 29th and again denied Solveig Gulbrandsen in the 61st.

Germany has now won the last six European tournaments. It defeated Sweden 1-0 in the semifinals, while Norway beat Denmark 4-2 on penalties.

Organizers said they sold a record 210,000 tickets for tournament matches.

_68993184_germanychamps

 

I know from my reffing days when I did high level Collegiate games the women were always more aggressive, more determined and dare I say it more vulgar mouthed!!!

Did some laundry and then went up to Linda and Guy;s house….I think you know for last Christmas I bought Paola and Daniela bikes and Paola loves hers but with the difficulties I have had with seeing Daniela her bike has sat in Linda’s laundry room for 7 months untouched so this morning I decided enough…I had already contacted Casa Hogar and asked if I could bring Daniela's bike there for her but they told me no this was not a good idea..so I wanted it used and Linda’s wonderful gardener Rafael, has a daughter Jasmine, who is about 13 years old and I have met her and this morning I went to her house and delivered the bike for her…she was thrilled!!!!   I am happy it is being used and I know Daniela would be happy to that someone is using the bike!!!

DSCF0514-001

This photo just thrills me…and Jasmine’s Mum is happy too…I know the bike looks small but the seat height can be adjusted and Jasmine and her younger Brother will enjoy it I know!!

I then came home and packed up some lovely sandwiches, fruit, marshmallows and juice for the kids as we were going back to the waterpark.

The kids were all waiting for me and again they were so well behaved….this is a great inexpensive treat for children..the grounds, showers everything so clean and well managed.

DSCF0516

DSCF0534

DSCF0522

DSCF0529

DSCF0528

DSCF0526

DSCF0537

We were there 4 hours they had such fun even got me to go down the big slide I felt a bit silly being the only one screaming the whole way down…..

Dropped them home and they were happy and well fed.

Came back home and washed the scooter and relaxed with a lovely hot soak in the tub……..I was happy to have been a part of this day for these lucky kids!!!

 

yashi koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...