Monday, July 08, 2013

Monday 8th July 2013……..Day 2!!!!!!

I was up at 7.30 am and got myself ready and by 9am we had the van loaded back up and were on the road….it was overcast with grey skies so a perfect driving day……today we drove about 290miles and now in another Fiesta Inn this time in the big city of Culiacan.

Happy to report that Guy had another good day and thank goodness Linda did not want to stop at every Pemex gas stations today!!!(I know I shall pay for this comment).

The staff at both of the hotels are so helpful and attentive and even the bell boy today remembered Linda and Guy from 2 years ago!!

DSCF0280

DSCF0281

The view from my room!!

The hotel is next to the river but unfortunately at this time it is very low and so not so pretty but I did enjoy a long walk along the bank and then into the center.

DSCF0286

DSCF0287

DSCF0289

DSCF0290

The tall white building is the hotel!!

DSCF0284

We went to the Mall next door for supper and had a good meal can you believe Linda and I had Hot Turkey sandwich with mashed potato and gravy!!!

L & G came back to the hotel and I went for a walk around the huge Mall.

So now back in my room and all settled it was a good day and we are all doing well…a bit of a longer day planned tomorrow but we will be fine.

 

image

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...