Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday 22nd July 2013…where do the weeks go??

Good job I was not scheduled for tennis this morning as it poured during the night and I am sure the courts will be closed just hope they dry in time for tomorrow morning’s game.

After breakfast I decided it was time for a good hike into the canons behind my casita.

The start is always fun because for the first 3km up hill is the order of the day.

DSCF0460

Always a nice view of downtown.

DSCF0461

Looking back the X is about 50 yards from my home.

DSCF0459

Not sure and do not care to know what kind this is!!

DSCF0462

I never usually see anyone else on the trails but this morning I did see these two other hikers!!!

DSCF0465

I took a different trail today and passed by this old abandoned building

DSCF0469

Man made arch..

DSCF0473

Natural arch!!

DSCF0476

DSCF0477

DSCF0478

In the 6 years I have been coming up here I have never seen water coming over the dam.

DSCF0482

DSCF0484

It was a good work out and I enjoy the trails and the solitude and peace.

Home for lunch and then the start of my taxi service..first I picked up Daniela  and Ernestine from their camp and took them back to Casa Hogar..had time for about 30 minutes of grocery shopping before I picked up Paola and her Brothers for their fencing class..they all said they were hungry so we stopped on the way to class to get some food for them.

After I dropped them of and went and picked up some of the frozen dinners that Margaret makes for me and put them in my freezer..then it was back to pick up the kids from their class and take them home.

I then decided it was time to exchange the car for the scooter for a couple of days hoping the weather stays fine.

As the garage for the car is close to Linda and Guy’s house I stopped in for a visit before getting home around 6.30pm…another day gone.

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...