Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday 26th July 2013…Not sure about this post!!!

I really am not sure about this post the contents, my feelings…today was a humbling day of mass proportions and I am as I write quite stunned and sad……

I picked up Linda and Guy at 9am and we drove about 40 minutes to the city of Celaya where we were going to do a Costco shop but before that we had an appointment here

DSCF0500

DSCF0495

This is a state of the art Children’s cancer clinic run by an incredible number of wonderful volunteers and Linda, Guy and I have been here before 2 Christmases ago when the Rotary club donated over 150 blankets and Linda and I immediately became involved and wanted to help.

So we met with some of the directors this morning who took us on a tour of the clinic…it is run on donations and some Government money and children all over the State  come here for cancer treatments.

Linda gave them a fund raising proposal which they will investigate and I offered to coordinate a service which could transport the 11 children who live in SMA to get to the clinic for day time treatments…now they have to leave around 5am on a public bus to get to the clinic an awful ordeal for someone in good health…..my plan is to get a group of dedicated volunteers with a vehicle who could on say 24 hours notice be prepared to taxi a family to the clinic….. stay whilst they have the treatments and then bring them home…I think with a pool of 8 or 9 volunteers this would work my only concern is liability….and the directors have lawyers on their board and will investigate this……..

Whilst Linda and I were in the new wing of the clinic seeing these kids have treatments…no words can describe…check this little Angel out!!!

DSCF0496

All three of us on the drive home know this is going to be a major part of our lives from now on!!!!

After Costco came home and helped unload and then picked up the kids for their last fencing class.

DSCF0501

They have really enjoyed the class and the teacher had kind words to say about them I was so proud of them they all went and high fived the teacher and thanked her and she received some chocolates.

On the way back to the car ice cream was the order of the day.

DSCF0508

DSCF0505

DSCF0506

We also stopped and bought a whole cooked chicken for them to take home.

I asked to go inside Paola’s house as I wanted to see what they have because I want to buy some things for them…they have 2 rooms with virtually nothing…so I shall go to garage sales looking for some furniture and things for them…….I just want to help in a small way if I can.

So it was a wonderful but tough day that I really need to process some more but I am ever mindful of my blessings….les

3 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

The things that go on around us that we're not aware of. This is what we need to do. Retired, pensioned, healthy. Give back some of what we have had.

I can see my future. Thanks for posting this Les.

mexicokid said...

yes if we all did a little perhaps changes could be made have a great weekend les

Contessa said...

Bless you Les. You are showing that just one person can make a huge difference. Last winter we ( RVers) made sure that each child who lived on the Isla de la Piedra ( near Mazatlan ) has a pair of shoes. This winter we plan on getting their eyes checked and providing eyeglasses as needed. Of course everyone on the Isla who needs them gets clothing that all the Rvers bring down every year.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...