Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday 12th July 2013…….The big hike!!

I kept Little Bluey outside my casita last night so this morning drove over to where I have rented a secure and covered garage and picked up Little Blackey and because I was so close to L & G’s home I went for a visit and so happy to report they are both doing so well and so glad to be home…it is going to take Guy a while to get used to the altitude of 6200 feet.

I stopped of at Paola's home and we went for a sandwich and brought some fruit back to their house she is doing really well and it was good to see her again.

Came home and met the computer techie who did what I wanted as regards my computer and the TV and he also set up my Magic jack and it was working before he left but later in the day I find it is again not functioning properly so I have a message in to him to come back another day it is very annoying sometimes it works and then it does not.

Around 2pm I got packed up and set out on my  afternoon hike here are some photos…

DSCF0306

DSCF0307Someone else on the trail!!

DSCF0308

DSCF0311

DSCF0312

This where I used to cross before all the heavy rains.

DSCF0317

I like this one he was hiding behind a tree…

DSCF0322

Amazing they do all this work by hand.

DSCF0338

I took a different route and found these gates and way in the distance in the left middle is this building….

DSCF0324

I have no idea what the story on this place is but it is huge and must have cost thousands to build.

DSCF0333

DSCF0329

DSCF0336

Check the size of these beams.

DSCF0337

Quite an impressive place.

I reckon I walked about 20 km and it felt good to be back into hiking again.

Supper, bath and some TV tonight.

 

This is not meant in any way to be insulting just a little innocent laugh!!

securedownload

The Bacon Tree
Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert after crossing into the 
United States, wandering aimlessly and starving. They are about to just lie down and await death when all of a sudden Luis  says.........
"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell?  Ees bacon, I  theenk."
"Ees, Luis, eet sure smell like bacon."
With renewed hope they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with  bacon.
There's raw bacon, there's fried bacon, back bacon,
Double smoked bacon ... Every imaginable kind of cured pork.
"Pepe, Pepe, wees saved!  Ees a bacon tree!"
"Luis, maybe ees a meerage?  Wees in the desert don't forget."
"Pepe, since when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon...
Ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree!"
And with that, Luis  staggers towards the tree.  He gets to within 5 metres,
Pepe crawling close behind, when suddenly a machine gun opens up,
And Luis  drops like a wet sock.  Mortally wounded,  he warns Pepe with his dying breath....
"Pepe... Go back, man, you was right, ees not a bacon tree!"
"Luis, Luis MI amigo... What ees it? "
"Pepe.. Ees not a bacon tree.   Ees....


Ees.....


Ees....


Ees....

Ees...

Ees....


Ees..... A ham bush...."

SORRY. I know there's something wrong with me for posting  this. 
Just couldn't help it!  Little voices made me do it !!! 

And I bet you tried to do the accent too, didn't you  -  I know you did!
You are grinning.....aren't you???

Zach had another great day on the golf course and finished the tournament tied for 7th place what a wonderful achievement….well done Zach!!

Yashi Koshi!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

When the Magicjack does not work, is the Internet OK? Do you loose both together?

All MJ should need is a good Internet connection. Can you plug the laptop directly into the router (not use the WIFI)? Is it better if you do this?

mexicokid said...

I have no idea the internet is a strong connection the MJ now when you call my number tells you the customer is away and to leave a message and i get the messages in my Yahoo mail..the guy is coming back this weekend i hope it is very annoying les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...