Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday 26th June 2013…Wild Wednesday!!!!

So woke up with no power and no fridge obviously so no morning tea almost a death sentence for an Old Limey!!!!

So I went out to L&G’s house where I managed a bowl of cereal and then went to pick up Paola we had errands around town to do and one of them was to go into the main square.

This is one of the things I love about this city there is always the  unexpected

Here we are 10.30am in the morning and

DSCF0125.   

What a wonderful scene and let me tell you these young  girls and boys were good!!!!

DSCF0126

DSCF0127

I asked around but no one seemed to know the reason for the incredible entertainment.

I did bump into the property manager for the casita’s and he told me he had just paid the electric light bill BUT it takes anywhere up to 5 days to re connect…..what could I do or say except thanks…. luckily I have great friends who are helping me.

My fanny pack

DSCF0136

which Heather and Kirby gave me years ago finally had a melt down and needed a new zipper..so I found this hole in the wall seamstress

DSCF0131

DSCF0130

She said she could fix it and to come back later in the afternoon so I went back after poker and a new zipper and only 50 pesos another reason to love this town!!

As per usual on out Wednesday mornings I stopped with Paola and bought fruit and a whole cooked chicken for her to take home..she was all smiles very happy again.!!

I then dashed back to L & G”s before I went to poker where I donated 100 pesos to my friend’s pockets..I need that lucky streak to come back…..then it was back to L & G’s to get my car and take it to the new garage I found for Little Bluey….it is in a private home about 6 blocks from L & G’s…..undercover and safe so I am happy with that.

I then spent the evening at L & G …. .thank you so much for letting me do this

DSCF0135here is your buddy taken late this afternoon!!!!

….had supper, a lovely hot shower…watched some tennis and then came back to my place around 10pm…still no power!!!

So with candles I am writing this……..LIVE UP DATE      …power just came on!!!!!

Memory lane stroll today is

1

started the day with a parade in SMA finished with a parade at the Edinburgh tattoo last year!!

2

A great day out in Turkey!!!

3

Egglestone Abbey England….Yashi Koshi!!!

 

Almost forgot..today is the 26th of the month…so what you are asking……so what indeed…it is the first day for me to receive my Canadian and British pension……oh what a happy DAY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rick said...

I can think of a lot of things to say besides "thanks."
They guy is a useless jerk.

Betty Graffis said...

I hope you didn't loose any of your food.

mexicokid said...

the culture is different here in Mexico and I understand it so saying thanks and as soon as you can is the only way to be..i was lucky for having great friends so power back on food back in my freezer and the sun is shining ..all is well les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...