Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday 27th June 2013…..a bit of a lazy day!!!

After all the running around with frozen food and other stuff the last 3 days I decided today was going to be at a slower pace…so I went to tennis at 9am and again it was another lovely cloudless sky and the tennis was great and afterwards I went to L & G’s home and brought back all the food I had stored there..it  is amazing how much I can carry on the scooter!!!

Back at my place I iced down and had lunch whilst watching live tennis from Wimbledon no big upsets like there was yesterday….and at 2pm a great live soccer game from Brazil the games have progressed even though the country is in the midst of huge demonstrations.

So at 4.30pm I decided I better do something so went and checked on the other two casitas in the compound one of them will be occupied on Monday… swept my steps and the patio and watered all my plants they are all looking healthy and growing and I think before too long I will have to put some of them into bigger pots.

I have some busy days ahead so started planning I shall be leaving SMA on Wednesday afternoon for the drive to Puerto Penasco.

image

A is SMA and B is Puerto Penasco a drive of approximately 2225 km.

So lots to plan and do before then.

After supper and a hot soak just relaxing this evening did go for a walk around the neighborhood.

I hope you are enjoying the photos I am posting from previous blogs…even if you are not it is my blog and I am going to continue anyway!!

2

My Nanaimo harem…all lovely ladies!!!

6

A Corfu  beach 2008!!

5

On one of my kayak trips out of Nanaimo!!

3

When Janet and Malc (my bro and gorgeous SIL) came to visit  SMA a few years ago with guess who?????

 

My regular readers know of my love for sports both participating and watching and also my hiking and training for next year’s pilgrimage of 500 miles on the Camino de Santiago so I want to share with you one of my training techniques…

 

 

 

Just came across this exercise suggested for
older adults, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It
seems
so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my friends. The article
suggested doing it three days a week.
Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of
room at
each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms
straight
out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to
reach a
full minute, and then relax.
Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit
longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb
potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a
100-lb
potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a
full
minute. (I'm at this level).
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the
sacks.

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...