Friday, June 14, 2013

Thursday 13th June 2013…big date night!!!!

First of all the power was of late last night so the delay in this blog!!!

OK enough already!!!!!

Another heavy rainstorm on Wednesday evening so the tennis was cancelled again yesterday morning……so took advantage of that to do a big canyon hike about 16 km and very enjoyable hope you like the photos!!!

DSCF9915

DSCF9916

I would say the first 3 km are up a steep hill so a good workout..

DSCF9920

DSCF9921

DSCF9924

DSCF9927

DSCF9942

DSCF9943

My lunch stop….

DSCF9934

DSCF9938

DSCF9941

It was a great hike and came home and iced the knee, showered and then then cleaned up for my big date!!!!!

Today is Paola’s 12th Birthday!!!!

I picked her up and she looked lovely and I had planned to take her out for dinner but she wanted to go biking first so we did…..this is taken outside Linda and Guy’s casa!!!

DSCF9946

After she had finished biking she asked me if she could take the bike and keep it at her house…I had thought about doing this a few months ago but decided against it but it was her Birthday she she is doing so great I said yes…so we loaded it up and went into town to my favorite restaurant Hecho's for supper.

DSCF9948

DSCF9949

DSCF9950

She had a few gifts to open!!

DSCF9952

DSCF9953

DSCF9954

I had brought some of my old family photos to show Paola and she was so cute she asked me if she could have one of me in my Policeman’s uniform!!!!

Then I had arranged for a surprise dessert for her!!!!

DSCF9956

and sang Happy Birthday!!!

Dropped Paola and her bike at home and she was so happy what a special day and to see her having fun.

I then went to St.Paul’s Church

DSCF9959

for the opening season of play readers…this is the best value in town every two weeks they do a play reading and it only cost 20 pesos..this play was by the famous Canadian playwright Norm Foster and it was so funny..if you ever get a chance to see any of his productions do so you will not be dis appointed!!!!

OK caught up!!!

 

A couple of memory shots

4

On my bucket list was to go to Dollywood and I did last year and it was such a rip off…never go there!!!

1

The house in Sheffield where I lived as a 10 year old boy!!!

2

Sweet home Alabama!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

3 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

I'm sorry Dollywood was a dissappoinment to you. We loved it. Paola is such a beautiful young lady. How nice of you to give her such a wonderful birthday celebration.

mexicokid said...

It was a great birthday celebration..Dolly is one of my all time fave stars but I found Dollywood to be so expensive and really just not impressed but glad you like it thanks for the comments Les

Contessa said...

Wow, what a lovely celebration for Paola special day. You better start saving for her 15th.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...