Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday 10th June 2013…there are only so many times you can sort your sock and underwear drawer!!!!

No hockey, tennis or soccer to today…..I may have to resort to watching basketball!!!

Went to pick up Paola at 10 am this morning and took her back to the dentist to have the last tooth pulled to make way for her new molars coming through…the Dentist is so caring and gentle with Paola and the procedure was over in quick time and the cost 100 pesos about 8 dollars…..afterwards we went for breakfast and bought some fruit for her to take home to her Mum…..she has changed so much these last few weeks and I so enjoy my time with her….

Did some errands in town this afternoon and picked up some more frozen meals that Margaret has made for me they are very tasty and I am enjoying good home cooked comfort food.

We seem to be in a weather pattern where it is beautiful sunny and warm during the day and the around dusk the winds pick up and the storm clouds come in and it rains, happened again tonight…..

Some more archive photos..

1

This was my transportation before Ramona and this was my first winter away 2006 and I could not wait to get out of snowy Nanaimo!!

2In 2007 I spent a month volunteering at a Hospice for motorhome persons in Livingston Texas…..it was great experience loved every day and by the end I was walking around saying…”Ya all show me the love””” in my English/Texan accent.

7On of the natural wonders of the world…no not me silly..the white cliffs of Pamukkale, Turkey last year..

8Same place…

0

Thanks Paula and Jerry for sending this to me…the newest addition at the fabulous RV where Barb and Sal live…he looks so cute.

 

This is write in BC golf website about Zach…so proud of you and when you become a Pro remember all those days I drove you to the course!!!!!

Zach Anderson Crowned CN Future Links Champion for Second Time

June 10, 2013
Recap

Click to view complete leaderboard

Anderson earns an exemption into the 2013 Canadian Junior Boys Championship

Swift Current, Sask.(Golf Canada) – Zach Anderson won the junior boys division, while Jaclyn Lee took home the junior girls title at the CN Future Links Prairie Championship at Elmwood Golf and Country Club in Swift Current, Sask.

Zach Anderson, 16, of Nanaimo, B.C., captured the junior boys title after firing an impressive 4-under 66 on Sunday to finish at 2-under 208 for the tournament. Anderson, who also won the 2012 CN Future Links Pacific Championship at Morningstar Championship Golf Course in Parksville, B.C., had an eagle, four birdies and a double bogey on the day.

“It felt good to win this event especially considering how I played at the CN Future Links Pacific Championship earlier this year,” said Anderson. “I didn’t have the best day yesterday so I had to play really hard to come back.”

With the win, Anderson earns an exemption into the 2013 Canadian Junior Boys Championship at Timberwolf Golf Club in Garson, Ont., July 30-August 2.

“I just plan on practicing a lot, working with my coach, and just grinding it out until the Championship.” Anderson continued.

Team Canada Development Squad member Matt Williams, 17, of Calgary finished one stroke behind Anderson to finish in solo second after a final round 2-under 68 to finish at 1-under 209 for the tournament. Williams was also the 2012 CN Future Links Ontario Champion.

2013 CN Future Links Ontario Champion, Carter Simon, 16, of Sutton, Ont., finished in solo third after posting a 1-over 71 to finish at 1-over 211 for the tournament.

Alex Park, 15, of Vancouver, and Patrick Murphy, 16, of Crossfield, Alta., finished tied for fourth at 2-over 212. Park carded a final round 2-under 68, while Murphy posted a final round 1-under 69.

Logan Yanick, 16, of Courtenay, B.C., finished in solo sixth after a final round 5-over 75 to earn the final exemption of the championship into the 2013 Canadian Junior Boys Championship.

Pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...