Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday 20th May 2013…….Training day 2…week 2!!!

This is my new back pack I just ordered!!

Mountain Magic 50:

With large front/back volume ratios, a body-centered load is easy to achieve with this new cutting edge design. Pack it correctly and your balance and posture are unaltered by the load.

 

New for 2012, the Mountain Magic 50 has been reconfigured to combine a 38L main pack with 12L Balance Pockets. This creates a very efficient load carrying system with ultralight gear. The pack and pockets have removable, internal waterproof dri-liners. The Balance Pockets are removable.

Mountain Magic
(shown with MT Balance Pockets, included)
*Image is the 2010-11 model, new photo coming soon.


Approx Volume:
37L + 12L (2257 + 732 cu in)

Approx Weight:
1.55 kg (3.42 lbs)

Minimum Weight:
(without dri-liners or balance pockets)
.92 kg (2.03 lbs)

Key Fabrics:
420 HD nylon, 210D, 70D x 100D ripstop nylon

Price:$274

Order Now:

Need accessories?

View shipping prices, return policies, and guarantee.

Key Features:

  • MT Balance Pockets included
  • 1 back length with clip torso-adjust, 15 cm range
  • U Flow, V Flow, Omni Flow and Flexi Flow
  • X Flow Chest Straps with Conus Clip buckle
  • Waterproof dri-liners with roll-top closures
  • 5 external pockets
  • Web-loc compression
  • Ice axe and trekking pole attachments

 

This morning I went to my Dentist for a cleaning it has been 6 months since I was there but she remembered my name and even asked about the girls…I like that..also like the job she did and really like the cost 200 pesos…..about 17 dollars.

Back home and packed up my small back pack with all the gear and drinks and food for my hike….

DSCF9622

This time it was a distance hike and I took a route by the side of one of the highways…

DSCF9614

Half way point!!!!

DSCF9613

Asked a school kid to take this for me….

DSCF9616

Paula and Jerry this one is for you…exactly 4 km from  my casita!!!

DSCF9624

DSCF9626

So here are the stats…….I walked 21km or 13 miles and it took me 3.45 hours so I am at a pace of about 6 km or 4 miles per hour  and that included a 15 minute food stop.

Here I am now

DSCF9627

This is only for protection..I do have a bit of arthritis in my knee but it does not bother me at all and all I do before walking or tennis is put on some heat cream and then afterwards ice it down and no issues…..so I am happy with today’s workout what I plan to do is one of these hikes every week and then 2 or 3 times a week do the canyons above my casita……

I know the Camino d Santiago is a full year away but I shall be prepared with the right gear, pack and shoes and ready for it what I have to realize is that I shall be walking  these distances every day for at least 35 days….what I think will help me is that I am training at 6500 feet whereas the highest part of the Santiago hike is about 4900 feet…I am training in much warmer temperatures..I am training on very similar surfaces and lastly I am enjoying it all.

So now off for a bath and if I told you I was going to have supper and watch a hockey game would you be surprised??????

Blessings Les

2 comments:

Kevin Read said...

One of our readers (and a fellow Mexico RV'er) is doing the Camino de Santiago hike later this month. He's started a blog to tell about it...

http://gerryscamino.blogspot.ca/

mexicokid said...

Thanks I will check it out cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...