Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday 10th April 2013……Day 29!!

No suspense today she did it…. down to the last 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Way to go Ashley!!!!

A different venue again and again quite beautiful

DSCF9073

DSCF9071

Her match was scheduled for 1pm but she went to the court

DSCF9074

nearer to 2pm and it was hot today with no wind….this was the worst court for spectators really no where to get any photos but I just stood to one side behind the curtains and watched with interest.

DSCF9076

This is the only photo which is important just after match point!!!

DSCF9077

In my opinion this was Ashley’s hardest game so far her opponent was getting lots of the hard shots back and the first set was back and forth Ashley lost the first two games but came back on serve and managed to win the set 7 – 5…it was  hard hitting affair and some of the placements of the shots were top class..it seemed again that Ashley just switched up a gear in the second set and won quite easy 6- 3..so now she is through to the last 8 out of a field of 128 top notch players from all over the globe..Stella and I were so proud of her and we are so happy for her parents, coaches and supporters….

DSCF9081

After her run a sit down to stretch and recover

DSCF9078

Eventually we are allowed to congratulate her and here is her proud Grandma Stella!!!

DSCF9082

It was a long hot day but I feel so lucky to be here and to be around the whole scene these girls work so hard on and off the court…they may have the world at their feet and in their racket but they sure earn it!!!

I have been trying to get some playing of my own in but no time yet…. two of the ladies I played with a couple of times in SMA are here in Palm Springs, Diana and Susan so we hope to get a game in this weekend.

Paula sent me this photo taken at their campground in Louisiana…

IMG_3143

Yashi koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...