Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday 13th April 2013….Day…32!!!

So a few hours later and I have had time to reflect on today and the game and the week……..Ashley much to the chagrin of her Mum wore the same “lucky” shorts again and the final was a top notch affair with umpire, line judges and ball boys!!

DSCF9172

DSCF9178

The fans!!!

DSCF9164

Diana, Stella and John.

DSCF9165

Caron

DSCF9192

Susan and Denis  from SMA via Canada!!

DSCF9168

We all took our different seats and I as usual went off on my own in the corner.

DSCF9176

I like this Caron, Stella and the other girls Mum!!

DSCF9182

DSCF9188

DSCF9191

Ashley got off to a better start this time and there were some really good rallies and both girls were playing well and at 4-4 Ashley took control and won the first set.

She did not get off to a good start in the second set and after a short time was 4-0….you could tell she was not happy with her game but to give her credit she battled back and drew level 4-4 but could not prevail and lost the second set 6-4.

At this point the rules allow a ten minute break before the third and final set and when the girls came back and started playing Ashley could just not find the game that she had in the first set…give credit to her opponent who was playing really well…as hard as  she tried Ashley could not pull through and she lost the set 6-2…

DSCF9193

The end of a great week of tennis!!

Both girls were lovely and gracious in their post game speeches

 

DSCF9196

 

DSCF9198

The face of a champion and a wonderful kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF9204

It was such a thrill to be around Ashley, her family and her coaches and watch all the hard and dedicated work that goes into this whole process…in my humble opinion she is a future super star who has the whole world at her feet.

After she went for a run I found her on her own doing some stretches and I hugged her and told her I was so very proud of her and all she had achieved this week and said goodbye..as in true Ashley style she hugged me and thanked me so much for being there for her.

 

Hope you have enjoyed this weeks blog I sure enjoyed writing it…

Yashi koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...