Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Monday 8th April 2013….Day 27!!!

Sorry this is a day late read on for the reasons why!!!

My first sleep in the desert was a good one nice again not to have lots of blankets over me.

Just outside my bedroom door!!

DSCF9014

 

……today was the big tennis match….the tournament is called the Easter bowl and I watched Ashley last year…she is playing in the 14 and under age group and she is 13 years old…the tournament is considered the tournament of the elite and all the big super stars of today and yester year have won this event.

The day was sunny and warm but with with horrendous high winds which makes for inconsistent tennis..the venue was beautiful

DSCF9015

DSCF9024
Pre game

1

Ashley in pink sat on the wall and Caron and I at the end of the wall…

The court she was playing on was located in such a way it was really hard to get photos of her

DSCF9018

DSCF9023

DSCF9019

As I mentioned before the wind was so gusty and strong but the girls managed to put on a fine display…Ashley was up 4 – 2 when a line call went against her and she had a little bit of trouble getting focused again but went on to win the set 6 – 4…in the second set she was all business and easily won 6- 2..WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!

So she is now through to the last 32 and will play again tomorrow.

After the game the coach takes over and she goes for a run and then they sit and talk about the match….it is different this time all the girls are staying in a private guest ranch so Stella asked the coach if we could take Ashley out for a late lunch and then take her back to the ranch…he was fine with that and we took another player and had a good lunch then dropped them off the girls were so hungray …the ranch is really a very up scale very secluded place

DSCF9028

See the tennis courts behind the curtains??

Now I know in the past I have been accused quite rightly of flaunting but I assure you this pose I was cornered into!!!

DSCF9026

After we dropped the girls off we decided a hike into the mountains would be a great idea

DSCF9033

The girls showing the way…Caron on the left and Stella of course on the right…they are always getting mistaken for sisters and not Mom and her kid!!!!

DSCF9034

DSCF9037

DSCF9038

Check out the shoes!!!!

DSCF9036

We all enjoyed the exercise after sitting most of the day…..

We then parted company and arranged to meet again at 8pm at a Piano Bar for dinner…..my trusty GPS was getting me the bar but then I came across a road closure and of course it was dark in a strange town and it took me a while to find my way…the bar was really neat and the owner played and sang all night without one break he was very talented…the food was good and these two girls I am with sure know how to party lots of fun….I made sure they were all set to get home and I followed my GPS again but found the road works and this time it was very frustrating I was going round in circles but after a long time I found someone to ask and after a long detour got home….so there you have it.

So it is now 9am and I have just had some cereal and yogurt and Ashley’s game is at a different venue and she plays at 12.30pm…wish her good luck!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...