Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday 12th April 2013….Day 31!!!

So what are you doing tomorrow???

More important why don’t you ask what I am doing tomorrow??

Thanks for asking…

 

 

WELL

 

 

 

I  

 

 

AM

 

 

GOING

 

 

TO WATCH ASHLEY PLAY IN THE FINAL OF THE EASTER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

 

Another beautiful day and the same location and game time 8am…I will tell you about the ordeal to get into the facility later

Here she is with the coach and her opponent who is her best friend and partner at the tennis Academy so the coach is so happy to have his girls advance but it is also hard as he cannot coach them and they know each other so well…..

DSCF9120

DSCF9121

DSCF9123

This is taken after the final point!!!!

DSCF9127

and a proud Grandma!!!!

DSCF9129

As I said it was hard for both girls to leave their friendship and closeness behind and again Ashley started slowly losing the first game but then she was in tune and really it was an easy win 6-2 6-2…she was crushing passing shots and her serve improved in the second set….such a thrill the finals tomorrow!!!!

I am so proud of her and her family and their support of her especially her Mum Pauline who is not here….Stella also is taking great care of her………I am thrilled to be a little part of this.

So the story on getting into the facility…it is a huge Country golf and tennis complex and also a residential area which is gated with security guards…yesterday when I went I was not allowed in as spectators had to be brought in by shuttle van so I had to drive about a mile away into a mall parking lot leave Little Bluey and the take the shuttle to the venue and it was all a first class operation…..and then when the games are over they drive you back…as today was an early start and I was there by 7am I thought they would let me in but no the guard told me I had to do what I did yesterday when I asked him if the shuttle van was running he said no not till 8am..so I said well the game starts at 8am that is no good can you please let me in…but he was adamant that I could not so I decided to put the Pearson charm to work again…I drove around another community with an open gate until I found someone outside and saw this elderly couple picking up their newspaper..i stopped the car got out smiled and said good morning and told them the condensed version and asked if it was at all possible I could park in their drive way for three hours and they said of course so as I started to walk back the about one mile to the facility the man sais he would drive me so he did and dropped me back at the gate where I had just been but then the guard shocked me when I asked to go in and he said he could not let me in unless I had a yellow pass!!!!!  I was angry but very calm and said I have done all you asked and here I am just wanting to walk to the venue..but again he would not let me in without a yellow pass…..so not to be beaten I waited for the first car to pull up displaying a yellow pass and asked the lady driving if she would give me a ride to the venue and she said sure so I DID GET IN and in time for the game.

Before the game started I found the head of the volunteer staff a lovely lady and I explained my tale of woe to her and I swear this is the truth..she said “I like you you are lovely”….so then she asked who I was with and I told her and she said come look for me after the match..so I did and she said I presume you are coming tomorrow and of course I said I would never miss it and she gave me a YELLOW PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am smooth or what?????

Life is good in the desert!!!!
Let’s see how this story unfolds tomorrow and again thanks for all the  e mails of good wishes blessings Les

3 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Muy suave hombre!

Carol said...

I have been on pins and needles all day... and even tried to go to the event website to find the results... and they have a link... but there are no results!!!!

Muy frustrante. But glad to get your report Les... thank you!!! So excited for Ashley... wish I could see the actual match.

Do they have videos by chance?

What time is her match tomorrow??

mexicokid said...

her time is set for 3pm but no video so stay tuned and thanks for the interest LP

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...