Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Wednesday 6th March 2013….a sunny lovely day!!

We had to cancel tennis this morning as Carolyn is not feeling well a touch of a sore throat………I spent most of the morning doing chores and I now have all my stuff at my new casita… still in need of a name!!!!

I then came over to my casita and did some sorting and putting things aside for my trip..it is really lovely here lots of windows and sunlight, very quiet and just a nice place to be!!

1pm was poker time and happy to report on the plus side this time to the tune of 450 pesos by far my biggest win to date.

I am now playing the role of Dr.Pearson..taking care of Carolyn with hot lemon drinks, fresh fruit and no stress…well it seems I always cause everyone a little stress…she just needs to lay low for a day and get plenty of rest and she is drinking lots of fluids…..

Here is a blast from the past…

1

This would be 1970 my first few weeks in Bermuda we lived in Army barracks and did our own washing…seems things have not changed I still do my own laundry!!!!

2

This about 1973 on one of my trips home I Mum insisted I dress for breakfast so I went and put on the bow tie…needless to say this was one of the times I heard my Mum say..”Leslie smarten up”

3

This is I think the only photo of my Mum and her four sisters…from left to right top to bottom

Connie, Doris my Mum, Winnie and Blanche….great girls!!!!

So these are the photos of the bird feeder on one of Carolyn's decks…

DSCF8181

See the main church in the background towards the left top corner?

DSCF8187

We went up to the sun roof and Carolyn listened to me as I did my Spanish… I am almost able to tell her what I do each day of course some of the tenses are not right but I am I think making progress.

Had a lovely supper with Carolyn and I am watching hockey….

Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...