Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday 28th March 2013…Day 15!!!

Had a good sleep but was wide awake at 5am so I got out some forms that I needed to fill out, hopefully these are the last of the forms that I need to submit for both my pension from England and also Canada..did those and then went back to sleep till around 8am….what a treat for me to wake up just turn my head and I see ocean and snow covered peaks..am I spoiled or what??

Today was going to be a busy day and it started with Heather dropping me of at 9.15 am at my Doctor’s office…I have a really wonderful, caring and great Doctor and I had got Heather to book me an appointment for my yearly check up…proud to tell you that I weigh 175 pounds the same weight I was when I was 21 years old!!!!!  BUT I have shrunk 2 inches I was always 6 foot now a couple of inches shorter over the years.  Dr Vaughn gave me a thorough check up and he told me the most important thing at my age is blood pressure and he was very happy to tell me that mine was excellent and he also told me that I was in really good shape…I was so happy with this news I shall just go for blood tests on Monday……just to let you know there was no charge for this visit!!

Heather picked me up and we then drove about 45 minutes to the town of Duncan which is known as the town of many totem poles

DSCF8830

DSCF8834

DSCF8835

 

…it also is the town where Sara lives and it is also the town where a good Podiatrist works and Heather also had made an appointment for me with him. I went to him years ago and liked him and although I have not mentioned it here my big toe has been causing me trouble for months I did go and see someone in SMA but the treatment did not work…..the Doctor is great but he looks like someone’s Grand Dad and his equipment he keeps in a fishing box…..he actually remembered me and looked at my toe with this huge callous and told me it needs to come off , the callous not the toe!!!

He froze the toe got out his scalpel and cut the offending part away…he said it was deep and a big one…..I did not feel a thing.  He then talked about what I could do apart from surgery and he gave me some special tape to put on my toe and also some soft sponge strips……I was in and out in 10 minutes and because I get some of the treatment covered by BC medical my cost was $20…I was amazed!!!!  I also have to tell you that now my toe feels so much better, the pain has gone and the special sponge cover he gave me I wore all day and it felt perfect…a good day so far!!!

We then stopped for some lunch and then came home where I made some calls and accomplished all that I needed to do…..

Heather and I then went to pick up Zach from school and we drove him to Comox where he was scheduled for a golf lesson

DSCF8837

…Zach is almost 17 years of age and his a phenom golfer….golf is his complete passion and he is gifted and hopes to pursue his dreams of getting his education paid for through golf……while he had his lesson Heather and I went to Costco and then after the lesson Heather treated us to supper..thank you so much….

Tonight we all watched the hockey game on TV

So really a great day for me to know my health is wonderful…my toe problem fixed…..letters sent away….I even managed to buy on line a ticket for a big event next weekend but you will just have to wait and see what that is……So day one on the bank was special.

Map picture

Top pin is Comox and the bottom pin Duncan!!

Pura Vida

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...