Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday 10th March 2013…a quiet day!!

Tennis was supposed to be at 10am this morning but Carolyn was not feeling well again and we had to cancel….she is suffering from a cold and a fever I think there is a bug going around..I made sure she was Ok and I went to my casita and did some packing and sorting out of my stuff.

I received an e mail two days ago from a friend who is also on the advisory board at Casa Hogar and he is the one helping to look into the issues there and my visitation rights….Rod told me that the Casa Hogar quarterly Birthday party was this weekend and he noticed my name was not on the invitation list but he extended an invitation for me to go.  I thought about this and at first decided that I would not attend as the Madres had not invited me and also I did not feel comfortable going there until my status has been investigated as much as I would liked to have seen Daniela but after consulting with the wise and special women in my life I changed my mind and decided to attend…..so I went up there this afternoon..very strange I rang the bell for over 20 minutes and there was no answer this is so unusual!!!

I came back home and e mailed my friend and he called me back saying that the party was indeed yesterday afternoon.  This was my fault I got the dates mixed up so I was sorry to have missed an opportunity to see Daniela!!!

I came back over to Carolyn’s and did some paper work while she slept..she has a very busy time ahead with travelling to the States whilst her daughter undergoes an operation so she needs to get well.

The Jacaranda trees are just coming into bloom they are so beautiful..this was is in the driveway of Carolyn;’s complex!!

DSCF8222

DSCF8221

Well I only have a few days left before my big trip..I have to be out of Mexico with the car by the 27th March as my visa expires so the plan is to leave here on Thursday morning and drive to Mazatlan

Map picture

and on Friday afternoon take the ferry to La Paz on the Baja.

Map picture

Then I will take my time driving north up the Baja stopping in three lagoons where the Grey Whales come and give birth apparently you can almost interact with these huge creatures.

Map picture

I arrive in LA on the 25th March and the next day fly to Vancouver

Map picture

where I am staying the night and the next morning I have an appointment at the Mexican Consulate where I hope to apply and receive a temporary Resident Visa….in the afternoon I take the ferry over to my other home with the wonderful Anderson Family on the Bank in Nanaimo!!

Map picture

It will be so nice to see all my special friends again….I fly back to LA on the 7th April and that evening drive to Palm Springs

Map picture

where I have a room booked for five days whilst I watch my tennis star friend Ashley compete in a major national tennis tournament….from there drive to Tucson for a couple of days to see Linda and Guy if they are still there and then drive home to SMA…..so a busy month ahead!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

5 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

I'm sorry you got the dates mixed up and didn't get the opportunity to see Daniela. Enjoy your trip up North.

living.boondockingmexico said...

Do you miss Ramona a little bit?

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the good wishes and yes I do miss Ramona especially at times like this although I shall not miss the stops at Pemex!!!! Cheers Les

Contessa said...

Any news on checking out the shoe store?

mexicokid said...

I did reply a couple of days ago sorry no luck in finding outlets in Maztlan i will still ask around thanks Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...