Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday 23rd March 2013…..Day 10!!

A very comfy bed and a good sleep and I was up at 7.30am had some cereal and yogurt and out of the house by 8am to drive to the train station….I found out yesterday that from the local stop here in Oceanside I could get the train to down town old town San Diego and they were right and the ticket only cost me $5.50 return!!!!

DSCF8701

DSCF8652

It was a 45 minute ride and we passed the beach where I walked yesterday

DSCF8655

All those little black dots in the ocean are surfers

DSCF8654

Where the train station is located it was a 2 block walk to the Hop on Hop off trolley stop

DSCF8660

It was $36 for an all day ticket and the complete round trip is 2 hours but I got off three times and here are the photos..

DSCF8657

DSCF8662

DSCF8672

DSCF8669

The three different drivers I had were all very god and imparted lots of history and stories…

DSCF8682

DSCF8684

DSCF8688

DSCF8692

DSCF8697

DSCF8700

DSCF8696

I got the train back and was home by 6.30pm….I do not want to upset any local people but I was just a little dis appointed the tour was great and I really did not have much time to take in too much but I just felt that the city was not that special.

I stopped and got another one of those pies it was so good last night…going for a nice hot and long shower and then a Netflix movie.

Tomorrow I move to LA where I am staying for 2 nights with Pauline and her daughter Ashley…my tennis star..they are kindly letting me stay and leave my car whilst I fly to Vancouver…..so hope to have Internet tomorrow.

Pura Vida!!

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

The train ticket was a great price at $5.50 return, but the hop on hop off tour was a bit on the pricey side!

We've heard mixed reviews on San Diego. Seems some people love it and others are left unimpressed.

www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...