Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday 28th February 2013….where did February go??

Boy this month sure flew by for me..it has been exactly 5 months since I arrived here in SMA and they have been magical months with the only downer being the situation with Daniela which is still unresolved but I am patiently waiting……I have seen so much of Paola culminating with the trip to the beach…..I have my own new and lovely casita to move into……playing tennis at least 4 times a week…..enjoying new friends…..blessed with wonderful health…and then there is that lady that lives in Cinco de Mayo!!!!!

This morning after breakfast I went and took Linda and Guy’s van to the repair shop to have it tested to see if there are any  emission problems… today was the last day for the test and I was at the shop 8.30am when the garage opened and a good job because a few minutes later there was a line up!!

DSCF8149

DSCF8150

The employees all passed this statue and blessed themselves before starting work!!

DSCF8148I then drove home and turned around on the scooter and went to pick up Paola….

   and we did some errands in town had breakfast and then I dropped her back home in time for her to go to school…it was good to see here again and she seemed pretty happy. 

I then went to my casita and did some more sorting it is looking really nice…came back here and went outside and read and sunbathed and then at 5pm went for a nice sunset hike down to the lake!!

DSCF8156

DSCF8158

DSCF8168

I enjoy my hikes it gives me chance to do some thinking and a lot of my plans are made this way.

Tonight after supper just relaxing watching TV.

 

Old Timer's Hospital Stay

I am a sick old man.


I was sick and in the hospital.

There was one nurse,Joyce, that just drove me crazy.

Every time she came in, she would talk to me like I was a little child.

She would say in a patronizing tone of voice,

'And how are we doing this morning',

Or 'Are we ready for a bath', or 'Are we hungry ?'

I had had enough of this particular nurse.

One day, at breakfast, I took the apple juice off the tray and put it in my bed side stand.

Later, I was given a urine bottle to fill for testing.

So you know where the juice went !

 

The Joyce came in a little later, picked up the urine bottle and looked at it.

'My, it seems we are a little cloudy today. '

At this, I snatched the bottle out of her hand, popped off the top, and drank it down, saying, 'Well, I'll run it through again. Maybe I can filter it better this time.'

The nurse fainted.......... I just smiled.

 

DON'T MESS WITH 'OLD' PEOPLE

Thanks Carolyn for that laugh!!

1

Also like this quote!!

ash

This is my buddy Ashley at a big tournament yesterday she got to the final by beating two other girls she has never beaten before and she lost in the final but her Mum was so thrilled with her play and sportswoman ship…I look forward to watching her play at a huge tournament in Palm Springs in April…way to go GIRL!!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...