Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday 21st February 2013…..Day 5!!

Well we have gotten into a routine here I wake up around 8.15am and take my cup of tea up to the roof terrace..Paola gets up around 9am and has her cereal and fruit and Sara anytime before 10am and has her coffee except this morning being as it was our last day here we were all up and and on the go and went to the town where Gail and Larry are and we had breakfast in town which was good then went to see G & L….we visited for a while then went to the beach where I had promised her a boat ride hopefully to see whales…I have been whale watching here about a 12 dozen times and had some spectacular sights in the past.

DSCF8118

DSCF8120

She makes these faces on purpose!!!

I am sorry to say that today was not a good day for seeing whales…we did see two dolphins and one whale but from a distance and this was the only shot!!!

DSCF8121

At least Paola can say she saw a whale…on the way home some of us had a little snooze because we ran out of gas and had to wait for another boat to bring some more!!

DSCF8128

Soon wide awake again

DSCF8125

DSCF8129

Is that enough leg for my female readers??

So for her first boat trip it was a bit of a drag not to see what I know is out there but she did say she enjoyed the ride.

After lunch Sara took the bus back home here to spend time with her girl friends and I took Paola to the beach for her last swim…we got there at 2pm and at 5pm she was still in the ocean!!

I was amazed we both swam and jumped waves for an hour and then I came on the beach and sat and watched her and she just frolicked in the waves all by herself so happy and content..then she would come back to me and get the inner tube and off she went.

I did try to get her to go on a jet ski but she did not want to…

DSCF8114

Then I tried to entice her to go on the banana boat

DSCF8116

but she did not want to do that either..just play in the ocean!!

Simply wonderful to watch her all these hours just amusing herself so happy, so full of joy…she has brought Sara and I hours of pleasure being around her and she has caused a stir everywhere we take her and never a problem..Bless her…oh how I wish Daniela was here too.

We said our goodbyes to Gail and Larry and thanks yet again for such special hospitality and we drove home stopping for some comfort food on the way home.

After we all got cleaned up we played card games and packed and just had fun.

We leave for home tomorrow again an 8 hour drive but I do not mind…….what a holiday to remember.

Happy to report That Carolyn who was driving from SMA to visit her family in San Antonio arrived safely after a long days drive…take care and enjoy your family!!!

Thanks for all the e mails wishing us a great time at the beach…we DID!!!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...