Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday 21 st November 2012……down memory lane!!

This morning the workmen from the water company were to come around at 9am and check the house for a water leak…….by noon they were a no show and I had to leave…this is the way that things sometimes work in Mexico….but when I came home I did find a note from them so they at least did show up.

I went to Casa Hogar to arrange for some of the girls to come to a pancake breakfast at a hotel on Sunday but did not see Daniela as she was still at school.  I then went over to Paola's house because I need to get her shoe size as my great friends Paula and Jerry are coming to SMA next month and they want to bring her some slippers but she was not home.  So I went to the house where her Mum works and arranged to see Paola at home tomorrow after tennis.

From here I went to poker where I donated most of my winnings from last week!!!

Next it was to pick up Carolyn we had planned to go to a movie being shown in a small theatre but when we got there we were told the film was broken and unavailable so we went and had supper and then I dropped her home she is finally beginning to feel much better.

When we were at dinner I was telling her about my involvement with Roy and Ken and what special men they were and how blessed I was to have been a part of their lives when they were so unwell…so I went through my photos and found these..

IMG_6890This is Ken..we spent many happy hours doing “stuff” around town..he was such a kind and gentle man!!

Roy and I spent almost six years together every week day for 5 hours a  honorable and kind man ………….

IMG_6947

Here is Roy with his partner Eileen in the red and Eileen’s sister in law Irene.

Nice to reminisce about wonderful friends….

A quiet night at home……..Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...