Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday 18th November 2012…How many stupid men do you know????

Well I was in bed by 11pm but could not sleep so 3am came real quick…I got all the food and drink packed up and met the rest of the party just around the corner from here ….three ladies Barbara, Adriana and Minna and 6 girls in their big Suburban and me with Paola, Daniela and we also had Chuey……here they are ready to go.

DSCF6736

Hindsight is wonderful but the ladies all had cell phones and GPS and I was to follow them, they also had the tickets for the girls and myself……

The drive there was OK but I sure do not like driving in the dark!!

It took 2 hours and when we were about 3 miles from the venue the traffic was horrific…..4 lanes of bumper to bumper and that is where it happened…a bus cut in front of me and then I could not see the girls in their vehicle and I followed all the traffic and realized that we had lost each other.  I had no option but to go on…parking was almost impossible but I did find a field where men were directing cars to park and I parked and then followed the hundreds of people to the entrance to the park.  My only plan was to wait here and hope the group came and we could hook up together but that is when I found out there was 7 entrances.

DSCF6739

DSCF6740

The girls were really good with this and never complained but I realized that the day was shot there was no way we could get in without tickets and meeting up with the ladies was going to be fruitless…..so now I am left with 3 kids, communication skills limited, no GPS and trying to find my way out of the huge city and then the girls needed a bathroom……I managed to find them a place for this and then actually getting out of the city was not too bad!!

We had plenty of juice, sandwiches and fruit and Carolyn had given them some books so they were well occupied.

The drive back was easy and at one point my sweetie Daniela said to me in Spanish….are you tired?  and I said yes and she said she would drive!!!!!  What a girl…they got my camera and seemed to be doing OK!!

DSCF6747

DSCF6749

Chuey is camera shy!!!

DSCF6756

DSCF6758

I asked the girls what they wanted to do when we got back into town about 11am and as usual they wanted to come to the casa and have Marching, cup of soup!!!

Here they are enjoying…I know that is coke but it is a small can and the first pop they had all day!!!

DSCF6759

Whilst they were eating the phone rang and it was Barbara calling from the park just wanted to know if we were safe and I was happy she called and we both realized that the event was so much more than what we realized but they did manage to re sell our tickets so no money out of pocket!!

I then took them into town and to the park where they played for about 45 minutes…

DSCF6763

DSCF6767

DSCF6768

I dropped Daniela and Cheuy off at CH around 2.30pm and they had a great time despite not seeing lots of the balloons…..they were so well behaved but I bet they sleep early tonight.

I then took Paola to her place but there was no one home and she did not have a key so I drove her to where her Mum was working…picked up the key and drove her home, she was all smiles.

So I am now home and it is 5pm and I feel pretty low I think being tired as something to do with that but the day had such potential and I did not take sufficient measures to make it a success….rest assured my cell phone will get activated tomorrow!!!

So to answer the question how many stupid men do you know??

NOW you all know one!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kevin Read said...

We thought about going to that event and now I'm glad we didn't!

Elaine said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your intentions were wonderful.
Elaine in Saltair BC

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Not stupid at all! Stuff like this happens all the time, you made the most of an unexpected turn of events, well done!

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the kind comments!!!Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...