Saturday, November 03, 2012

Friday 2nd November 2012…the party continues!!!!

9am class this morning and for some reason I found the class hard and I was not too good in the conversations…..after class I went to CH and picked up Daniela I was able to have her till 5pm so we went around the corner a few blocks and picked up Paola and off to see the celebrations…the girls are always happy to see each other and are great friends!!!

DSCF6556

DSCF6560

The flowers that decorate the churches and the fountains are just lovely!!

DSCF6557

We first went to the Park where they have just installed new play ground equipment and the girls enjoyed that then they lined up to have their faces painted..

DSCF6562

DSCF6564

After the park it was time for lunch

DSCF6570

Then they wanted to remove the paint, don’t they look lovely??

DSCF6572

DSCF6573

They could pass for sisters here…

All the cemeteries are decorated and the families hold vigils here and it is all very upbeat and happy and I have never seen so many people, so many flowers and truly a celebration not to be missed!!

DSCF6578

DSCF6580

DSCF6582

DSCF6584

DSCF6599

DSCF6594

DSCF6586

DSCF6600

The girls were really well behaved and always smiling…we had ice cream then walked back to the car and I took them home…it was a great afternoon and the good news is that I get to have them both again tomorrow afternoon…..

Hope you have enjoyed sharing the experience of the Day of the Dead!!

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

I love all the pictures, Les! What a fun celebration to share with the girls. It's wonderful to see them so happy!

Paula and Jerry said...

I love all the pictures, Les! What a fun celebration to share with the girls. It's wonderful to see them so happy!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...