Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday 16th October 2012….two posts for the price of one!!!!

What a busy couple of days…started off yesterday morning I went with Carolyn to her rental property which she has rented out for a week later on in the week and did a couple of jobs for her.  We then went up to see if I could get my driver’s license…I knew this would take time and patience and I was ready.

On arrival we were told that the documents I had needed to be photocopied and I also needed to get a Doctor’s examination.  So we went around the corner and got the photo copies then up a block to a generic pharmacy where there was a doctor on duty and for 50 pesos she gave me an eye test, tested my blood pressure and listened to my heart.

So with these documents back to the license place and then I had to take a written test.  I am glad that Carolyn was with me because the test obviously was in Spanish.  There were 30 questions with multi choice answers….Carolyn’s Spanish is very good but some of the questions we found mis leading anyway I ticked off 30 answers and gave my paper to the clerk.  He marked it right in front of me and I got 7 wrong and failed the test.  You are allowed up to 5 wrong.  I was told I could not re sit the test until the morning.  So I left there quiet disappointed and we talked about the answers in the car and realized we had made a few mistakes.

At 3pm I went to Casa Hogar and picked up Daniela and Lupita I was in Carolyn’s car and we had her dog Nicky with us.  Lupita sat in the front and Daniela was the camera girl for the afternoon and she took some good photos!!

We first came up to my casa to pick up some things and to give them a snack!!

DSCF6196

DSCF6204Lupita!!!

DSCF6205

A self portrait which turned out really well!!

We went in to the big supermarket and I told the girls they could choose one thing and they both picked a kiwi fruit!!!

DSCF6220Heather note my SHIRT!!!!!!

DSCF6222

We finally went into the park for a while I took these two photos!!

DSCF6225

DSCF6226They sure enjoyed their fruit!!!

I then dropped the girls off at their English class at 5pm..we had a lovely time together they play so nice rand never any problems!!!!

Carolyn cooked another lovely meal and I finally got to watch Green Fried Tomatoes which was really good.

My day today started out with 2 hours of tennis in a men’s foursome, we are all about the same level and the games are fun and intense… a wonderful way to start the day.

After tennis Carolyn and I went back to the license place… the clerk recognized us and gave us the same test and we sat down and did it again not making the same mistakes as yesterday.  Once finished I handed it to him and he marked the first 6 questions wrong!!!!  We could not believe we had got them wrong and failed the test already..we were both quite shocked then the clerk realized he was marking from the wrong sheet so he asked me to put my answers on another test paper and I did and wait for it……………………………100%!!!!

Then it was time for the photo and fingerprints then  to pay BUT you don’t pay at this office that would be too easy….. we had to go about a mile to another Government office pay there and then back to the license office and at last here is the proof!!!!

DSCF6227

Wow glad that is over.

Relaxed for a few hours this afternoon and caught up on some paper work and chores and then a quiet evening watching TV……..Pura Vida!!!!

2 comments:

Shadowmoss said...

Here in Honduras I also had to have a doctor's exam, pay 3 different banks (one was for the 'background check', and all in all it was around $50 for a 5 year license. If you have a residency card here (I do) you need a Honduran license, if you don't you can drive on your US one with your passport.

mexicokid said...

sounds like yours was more of an issue than mine good luck Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...