Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday 11th October 2012….just a lovely easy day!!!

I am trying really very hard to start these daily posts off in a different way from “ I awoke to a sunny warm morning”  but it is hard!!!!

Anyway I have established myself with a great group of guys for tennis and for this month at least I am playing Tuesday and Thursday at 9am and that is where I was this morning.  It was a treat driving down to the courts on Melania really easy and much quicker than Yaretzi so for now Yaretzi is resting.  The scooter is great plenty of power if I need, she handles well and good on gas!!!!

Carolyn told me about this great fruit and vegetable store down on her street and I went there it is quite small very clean and all the products very fresh and laid out nicely I bought all of this for 41 pesos!!!!

DSCF6113

Another one of my favorite stalls is the flower man who positions himself outside a cemetery close to the tennis courts!!

DSCF6111

I like having fresh flowers in the house and he remembers me from last year..I gave him 70 pesos (do you know how cheap that is??) and asked for a combo……

DSCF6109

DSCF6110

Just beautiful!!!

I spent the afternoon doing odd little jobs, trying to sort out some of my stuff ready for the move at the end of the month..reading and lounging in the hot afternoon sun…..preparing vegetables…I always wash them with Grapefruit seed extract……and then came inside and watched the show put on by the humming birds…I have to fill this up every two days…I have many birds I feed!!

DSCF6114

DSCF6116

DSCF6118

DSCF6121

One of my goals is to improve my Spanish and at the advice of a few different friends I have decided to go to the famous Warren Hardy school here in town…it is a little expensive but I am told very worthwhile….So I have signed up and start Monday 22nd of the month for three weeks three times a day!!

I cooked a good meal and after a long hot shower settled down to watch a couple of my favorite TV shows….

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...