Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday 27th October 2012..a bit of a sporty day!!!

Today my Dad would have been 93 years of age

Dad1

This is one of the last photos of Dad with his pride and joy his Great Grand son Tom!!!

dad2

Going into the archives for this one…Mum and Dad in Bermuda around 1975 when I was the bodyguard for the American Consul general and he invited my parents to his house for tea!!!

Miss you Dad and thanks for everything you did for me!!

Saturday morning so two hours of great tennis  at 9am..I do enjoy the mornings that I have tennis the sun shines but it is not over hot and the games are very competitive and the players fun and good company!!

After tennis I went to a garage sale and I think I did really well I spent 1600 pesos about 120 dollars and got the following…

DSCF6360Two Mexican bedside tables…

DSCF6361

A nice black coffee table with a glass top..

DSCF6362

Also got the items on the table too..

DSCF6364

and finally a nice hanging mirror………I think they will look nice in the casita!!!

I came home for lunch and watched a live soccer game from England….and at 1.30pm took the car and went to pick up Paola…saw her Mum and she was really nice and sent Paola with me with her new back pack…

DSCF6344

We went to La Gruta which is a beautiful hot springs with four different pools one with a tunnel  leading to a natural cave…Paola really likes it here when I first brought her a few years ago she would not put her head under the water now she is fearless and we spent some time with me teaching her the breast stroke and the leg movement for the crawl she did really well…

DSCF6347

DSCF6349

DSCF6353

I think this photo is one of the best I have taken of Paola!!!

DSCF6354

Is she not beautiful???

We spent two hours in the water and then it was time to leave and Paola had shampoo and soap in her bag and she enjoyed combing her hair which smelled lovely …

DSCF6357

I just so enjoyed my time with her she is bright and inquisitive and lovely…I went to a small local store for a drink and some cookies and it came to veinticinco and I looked at Paola and she said right away 25..she is bright.

Dropped her home and spoke to her Mum with my new Spanish and confirmed that I would pick her up tuesday for the dentist.

I just had a wonderful time with her she is great company and makes me feel proud to have her in my life!!!!!

I then went back to the garage sale house and picked up my stuff and delivered it to the casita and I think it looks great.

Came home and now watching Baseball and even eating hot dogs!!!!!

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...