Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday 29th October 2012…….grey skies today for a change!!

Went to class at 9am and it is a lot better with the time change not so cool in the mornings now…..this week in Mexico is very important it is the day of the dead and I will tell you more about this at the week goes by but in school they prepared a table as a tribute to people who have passed away!!!

DSCF6435

Enjoyed class but finding it hard to take in all the information but I do know a lot more than I did 7 days ago.

I came home after school and did some house chores and then later in the afternoon took some more stuff over to my casita……let me tell you more about the area it is in a campo called Duan Diego, which means a small Mexican village out in the country…it is like a small community there is a school, two small stores and many homes……the roads are dirt and are not good hopefully they will be graded and some of the pot holes filled but it is not too bad on the scooter…..when I was leaving today I saw an amazing sight…about 30 women with garbage bags spread out across the track and they were all picking up garbage and working their way along the tracks.  Also saw this little guy on the road

DSCF6437

this was taken from my deck, my closest neighbor!!!

DSCF6368

I spent some time cleaning the drawers and cupboards and it is beginning to take shape I am sure with Carolyn’s help it will be fabulous ……it is 8km to the tennis court so really not far at all and I love the open air and the views from the roof top terrace wonderful!!!

Tonight the skies clouded over and I thought a storm may be coming…a quiet night watching some TV and I may do some homework!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...