Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday 26th September 2012…a long but good day!!!!

I was on the road by 7am and the first hour was on the Interstate as soon as I entered

DSCF5819

DSCF5820

I just love driving Yaretzi she is zippy, great to handle and I even get to pass my old mode of transportation!!!

DSCF5821

I stopped at this scenic overview in Twin Falls, very beautiful….

DSCF5822

DSCF5827

I forget to mention yesterday that even after the fuse the GPS would still not work in the plug in so I saw a VW dealership in Twin Falls and I stopped.

DSCF5828

I explained what had happened and the service manager was very helpful and he took the GPS and confirmed that it was OK then he sent one of his mechanics out to look at the fuses and it took him 1 minute to realize that the chart numbering the fuses and the slots they were in did not match…he did find one fuse that was not working so he put a new fuse in the slot and BINGO….it worked.

I thanked him so much went inside to pay and asked the service manager how much and he smiled put his hand out to shake and told me to have a wonderful trip!!!!!  What service!!!!  I gave the mechanic 10 dollars and went away a happy man….now I shall not get lost with GPS!!!

I was soon on Highway 93 which is sometimes described as the loneliest road in America!!!

DSCF5833

Soon I was in ..

DSCF5829

and time for lunch!!!

DSCF5830

DSCF5831

The road is so quiet there is time to get out and take this

DSCF5834

Very scenic…

DSCF5836

DSCF5848

It is a real pleasure to drive Yaretzi and I shall get to Tucson paying the cost of gas that it would have cost me for one fill up in Ramona, so real happy about that.

I entered the county of Las Vegas at 7pm and it was time to call it a day…I drove 1065km but it was easy driving with lots of stops, drinks and of course my Mexican cruise control…..I am in Denny’s having dinner and writing this then I will go across the street to MacDonald’s and post it and there is a small motel down the street so I shall head there for the night!!!

Should easily be in Tucson late tomorrow afternoon!!!!

image

3 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Nice going so far, maybe slow down a bit!? Smell the oleanders"

Croft said...

Peter is right. What's the rush?

We got a break a couple of times from American vehicle repair places. I have been very surprised and impressed.

Have a great trip.

mexicokid said...

You know what it sounds like a rush but it is not this car is great to drive and I always stop when I need to so far so good, cheers and welcome Peter

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...