Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday 23rd September 2012….Day 1!!!!!

It was really hard to say goodbye to Heather this morning we both were teary, she is such a great lady!!!!

I left at 7.30am and caught the 8.30am ferry.

DSCF5743

 

Leaving Nanaimo!!

DSCF5746

and arriving at Horse Shoe Bay terminal in Vancouver!!

DSCF5749

It was a good crossing that took 95 minutes…I then drove for about an hour and a half to the Othello Tunnels and walked the trails there for an hour, very picturesque!!!

DSCF5751

DSCF5752

DSCF5753

DSCF5754

DSCF5758

DSCF5763

DSCF5767

DSCF5775

Back on the road again and 440 km later I arrived in Kelowna!!

image

It is always great to visit with Gail and Larry we have been friends over 30 years and their casa and hospitality is 10 star!!

They had another friend Ron over for diner.

DSCF5785

DSCF5783

GOBBLE!!!!GOBBLE!!!!

How lucky am I to have such wonderful friends that know my favorite dinner is turkey and to have it two days in a row!!!!

DSCF5786

The view from the back deck!!

DSCF5789

We just spent a quiet evening catching up.

So my first day went really well Yaretzi is a pleasure to drive and she handled really well I do miss Ramona for many reasons but this is a new chapter and although I do not have cruise control of Sirius radio the drive was great and I love not going to the gas pumps and leaving 150 dollars behind!!!

Pura Vida!!!

3 comments:

Kevin Read said...

No cruise control? I can do without air conditioning, but I can't do without cruise control!

We did Othello Tunnels towards the end of November 2007...in the snow...

http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2007/11/othello-tunnels.html

mexicokid said...

yes i shall miss the cruise but no biggie..the tunels are really quite amazing safe travels in Europe Les

Paula and Jerry said...

Les, safe and happy travels to SMA! What a bittersweet time for you. We look forward to seeing you in December, amigo! xo xo

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...