Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday 15th August 2012…Ladies Day!!!

Malc and I went on a mission to buy some paint for Andy’s apartment I have offered to go around there tonight and help paint a couple of walls with him.

Malc told me in the next town Beverley there was horse racing on this afternoon if I wanted to go…I have never been to a race course so I said I would.

I borrowed Malc’s bus pass and get free travel on the buses so he found out which bus I needed and away I went….nice bus all to myself!!

DSCF4855

I had a fairly long walk after getting off the bus to the Course!!

Map picture

The first shock was that I was told that there were no tickets available as it was Ladies Day and was ticket only!!!

So I scouted around and found a scalper selling tickets he was asking 15 pounds but I got him down to 10 pounds and once inside I have to say I have never seen so many thighs and other female body parts in one place in all my life!!!!

DSCF4826

DSCF4841

DSCF4823

OK enough back to the horses!!!

DSCF4824

DSCF4829

DSCF4832

DSCF4837

DSCF4848

DSCF4825

Lots of betting going on so I had a little flutter…as 7 is my lucky number…I waited for the 7th race…..picked the 7th horse and wagered 7 pounds….of course you know what happened??    He came in 7th!!!!!  Remember it is my blog I can write what I want!!!!

 

I really enjoyed seeing all the glamour and the horses and the whole scene…a new experience for me!!

Caught the bus home Ok and Janet had prepared yet another wonderful meal.

Tonight I went over to Andy’s flat and helped paint..

DSCF4856

We thought we did a good job.

Home now Janet and Malc are out and I am watching a live International soccer game…..yet another lovely day!!

I heard from Carolyn yesterday and she had gone to casa Hogar to see Daniela and give her the post cards I have been sending her….Carolyn told me that Daniela was doing really well and that she has lost some of that baby fat on her face and is looking like a beautiful young lady…she also knows that I am coming to SMA next month…Daniela will keep the post cards for Paola in case she sees her before I get there…so that made me happy!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...