Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday 31st August 2012……3 months later!!!!!!

For my last day awoke to a lovely sunny and warm morning…….after breakfast I took my last trip into town to buy a few last minute items to bring home and at Noon Janet had asked me if I would come  here

DSCF5443

DSCF5444

to help  out her and Malc in the kitchen.

Every Friday Janet goes and prepares and feeds anywhere from 20 – 40 homeless people and today they were short staffed so Malc went in with Janet and I came later.

I was kept busy washing dishes whilst Janet concentrated on serving the meals…

DSCF5445

Then it was clean up time including the washrooms!!!!

I was only too happy to help and know what a difference my family makes to the less fortunate in that area of town and I am so proud of them and all the voluntary work they both do.

Back home at 3pm and time for a quick cuppa before Malc and I took off again doing some voluntary work for the Army……September is there big campaign to raise funds from the public so the job this afternoon was to go to some estates and push these envelopes through the letterboxes.

DSCF5447

on Monday Malc and some other volunteers will collect them.  We think we gave out perhaps 300…..

Home by 5pm and a couple of hours to relax before I treated the family to a farewell dinner…..the meal was awesome and  unfortunately, Claire, Mark and Tom were away!!!!

DSCF5448

DSCF5450

So my time in England is over not that I spent much time in England…..I have had a most memorable holiday and big thanks to Janet and Malc we tease each other a lot actually it is me that does the teasing but we laugh hard and love each other…..my family… all of them are great!!!

My final sleep…Andy is driving me to the airport in Manchester at 8.15 am

Map picture

my flight leaves at 1pm and I arrive in Vancouver local time at 2.20pm  ..I am then taking the float plane over to Nanaimo and Heather will meet me at 4.15pm and back home to the Bank!!!!!

Map picture

Thank you to everyone for coming along on this journey..tomorrow a new chapter in my life starts as I prepare to make the move to San Miguel later in September….the Big great lake walk is on the 15th…56 km so better get my walking boots on…..

Have a great weekend blessings Les

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a journey you have been on! I know from my point of view just keeping up with your blog was a whirlwind!! Can't even quite imagine what it was like to be on the ground and cover all you covered...

It was a magnificent journey and I feel privileged to know you (thru your blog!) and to be able to follow along with you.

Thanks for all the hard work of taking pictures so diligently... I think my favorite place you went to was the place (can't remember where right now!) with the waterfalls and lakes... I truly do think that should be one of the wonders of the world. I had never heard of it, and many/most of the places you went... so it was fantastic! Cheers!

mexicokid said...

Waterfalls are special to me and those I saw in Croatia were magnificent...thanks for following along with me...now the srrious stuff starts Selling Ramona and my move to SMA..take care best wishes Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...