Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Wednesday 4th July 2012……Happy Independence Day!!!

Best wishes to all my American readers…hope the celebrations were wonderful!!

Had a great sleep and was awake by 7am and all packed up the back pack that Heather and Kirby bought for my Birthday works great holds a lot of stuff and I can use it like a normal suitcase or with the full straps along with that I have my red day pack and I am travelling very light but still need a fair bit of stuff for being on the road so long.

Said good bye to my special hosts they were really so kind and my first stay was a wonderful one.  I walked the 5 minutes down to the bus station where I had already bought my bus ticket for 180 Kunas and the route was from Rovinj to Pula and then to Karlovac.  Again I had the back seat all to myself..

DSCF1519

The bus was about half full and the journey took 4 hours and arrived at the bus station in Karlovac…I got off the bus went to the ticket window and bought a ticket to Rakovica which is a place close to the National Park.  This ticket cost 50 Kunas the bus left right away and the journey was about 90 minutes for some reason I have yet to find out the driver would not let me put my backpack in the outside storage containers so it was a bit of an issue getting on the bus and down the aisle but I made it to the back seat which this time I shared with two women.  I asked the driver to let me know when we got to the small town and he did and I got off.

I should back up here a bit…when I was in Nanaimo doing my trip research I decided to pre book some accommodations just to try and keep me on a little schedule so the apartment in Rakovica I had booked on line.  The research showed it was close to the village center and the reviews were very high.  The cost of this room is 38 dollars a night!!

I enquired in the local store where the house was and it was only about 400 yards away so I walked and my first impressions were awesome.  I rang the bell and my host Marijana opened and cordially invited me to her home.

She did tell me they were in the final stages of renovations but my room was open and ready…the best part was she said I had a balcony with a gorgeous view of the fields of flowers….

DSCF1537

Just kidding this on their property!!

She has 4 rooms and mine was small but immaculate new everything in fact she told me tomorrow with my permission they are going to put in a brand new bed and mattress.  Take a look and see what you think…it has a communal area and beautiful kitchen ( tea tonight at last!!!!!!).

DSCF1527

DSCF1521

DSCF1522

DSCF1523

No balcony from the room but this is the view from the large bay window..

DSCF1524

DSCF1525

DSCF1534

The outside!!!

DSCF1528

DSCF1529

DSCF1532

As you can see I am in the country and the house is beautiful and the hostess and her husband so very friendly.

I unpacked and went to the store for a few dinner supplies and then relaxed showered and cooked a delicious egg, mushroom, ham and tomato omelet with orange juice…sure was good.

I have TV and just trying to figure out the satellite remote.

The only downer to all of this is that I knew I was going to have computer problems ….it is a long story but by the time you read this all should be well.

So research does pay off and I have been so lucky so far everything turned out so well….if my first stay was a 5 star this place has to be a 10!!!!!

Map picture

Blessings to all and a special hello to Janet and Malc who should be home by now if Janet was doing her navigating correctly…welcome home and thanks for a spectacular trip!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...