Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday 18th July 2012…..lunch in the sky!!!

Before I get to my day I have some sad news and some great news!!!

Heard from Robin today in San Miguel and she informs me that my dear sweet Paola is leaving Casa Hogar to go live with her family…part of me is happy that she will be reunited with her family but then I think of the reasons she was in Casa Hogar in the first place…anyway nothing I can do about it except wish her well and to let her know that I shall always be in her life and that I love her and will not give up on her, Robin will tell her that later this week.  When I move down in September I will see what the situation is and go from there!!

IMG_8148

IMG_8404

I spoke to Linda today on Skype and the great news is that Guy is doing so much better and it is hoped he may leave the hospital later next week he still has a long road back to recovery so they will probably stay in Tucson till mid September but wonderful that he is making such fantastic progress…Way to go CHIP(my nick name for Guy).

Other good news is that a special friend in Nanaimo, June, received also wonderful news today that her cancer is almost in remission she is undergoing radical treatments and they are working for her…another way to go!!!

So this morning it was breakfast and a packed lunch and walked down to the main square to catch the bus at 9am to the top hill where one of the monasteries is located.

DSCF2572Snapped these two young folks whilst waiting for the bus.

The first one

DSCF2575

DSCF2576

It was 2 Euros to get in and I knew I had to wear long pants so I had brought a pair just for this reason first time in long pants since I cannot remember when.

There were many tour bus tourists around, not my favorite thing as you know, and also lots of parts of the monastery was off limits but it was so interesting to see the monks lifestyle and how on earth these places were built boggles the mind. 

The monastery across the way!!!

DSCF2582

I then walked along the road that connects three of the other monasteries but did not go inside them.

DSCF2589

DSCF2616So what was your lunch time view like???

DSCF2603

DSCF2613

DSCF2614So how many Monasteries do you see here????

DSCF2614

The last one I visited was the Nunnery!!!

DSCF2632

A few photos from inside..

DSCF2639

DSCF2638

DSCF2641

DSCF2640

DSCF2647

The church inside the Nunnery was one of the most stunning, beautiful and amazing places I have ever seen…imagine works like this

DSCF2635

this kind of style and colors..now imagine every inch of the church from ceiling to floor boards covered not an inch without a painting depicted…..then the pews, the pulpit, the chandeliers..how awesome and how did they get there?  It was worth coming to Greece just to see this church…I mean that!!!!

On the way walking back I pas the Monastery I saw last night and now I know what was in the cable car!!!

DSCF2654Love the kids watching!!

DSCF2622

DSCF2626

It was a long day again lots of walking but quite a memory!!!!

Another good simple supper and a great shower not sat outside on my balcony with a cuppa it is 11pm time to post this and get to sleep and ready for another day tomorrow… a little hint it includes renting a scooter!!!

Give good thoughts for Paola tonight!!!

3 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Those monasteries are truly amazing and also the rock formations! What an interesting place.
So happy to hear the wonderful news about Guy. He is such a trooper and we wish him continued improvement.
We sure are thinking about dear, little Paola and hope that being home brings her happiness. You will soon be there and better able to know how things are going for her. Would love to see her in December!
Have fun on the scooter tomorrow! Happy trails!

mexicokid said...

thanks for all the good wishes and how you were so kind to my girls,,you have fun fishing!!!

Carol said...

Hi Les!

Wow oh wow.... vertiginous is the key word hereI I got vertigo looking at the photo with the green border... how did they build them SO CLOSE to the edge?!

Reminds me a bit of the mines way up in the 14,000 ft high mountains in the San Juan Mountains in Colorado... but they are not of the same scale of the monasteries and the nunnery. Simply astounding.

The rock formations remind me a bit of Cappadocia in Turkey... I am pretty sure you will visit there! You will love it... best, sending good thoughts.

ps... I think you missed your calling as a tour guide! Altho, now I guess you are a virtual tour guide! Thanks so much.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...