Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday 10th July 2012..a lot of exercise today!!!

It was a bit warm in the room last night but still managed a good sleep till 7.30am and had cereal and yogurt for breakkie and then left for the kayak trip.  The meeting point was the entrance to the old city which is a good 15 minute walk from the house..I signed the usual useless waiver and got a single kayak and with 14 others away we went!!!

DSCF2061

It was amazing to see and walk the city walls last night but to appreciate their size and grandeur this had to be done from the ocean!!

DSCF2064

DSCF2065

DSCF2067

The two guides were very informative and again boggles the mind 20 years ago over 2000 motor shells and rockets put this city under siege for almost 5 months!!!!

DSCF2071

We stopped here for 45 minutes for the provided lunch and fruit and drinks and snorkel and masks but to be honest there was not much to see under water!!

DSCF2077

This is the beach where I intend to hike to this afternoon!!

DSCF2074

The kayak tour was three hours and really enjoyable!!!

DSCF2090

DSCF2080

Maybe I will try this next!!!

DSCF2086

The walk home was hot and I find I am drinking copious amounts of water, juice and milk!!

Did some Internet research and then at 3pm packed up and ready to hike the 1 hour to the beach!!

DSCF2098

X marks the spot..this is the beach where the locals go and I read about it in my book..very nice indeed!!!

DSCF2103

I spent 5 hours here reading, lounging and I know of at least one snooze and many swims!!!!

DSCF2105

Now ladies calm down!!!!

I stayed until sunset..

DSCF2109

DSCF2111

DSCF2112

A long walk back not getting home till after 9pm…a long cold shower which was by choice, some cup of soup, thanks Janet, and now quiet time outside where it is cool and my cuppa tea so refreshing!!!

Remember this girl????

ash

Just an update Ashley is doing very well in the tennis academy and went on a streak of nine wins and two tournament victories in a row a while ago…book your seats to watch her at Wimbledon 2020!!!!

Yashi Kochi…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...