Monday, July 09, 2012

Sunday 8th July 2012……..Gob smacked again!!!

Had no Internet yesterday so this is a day late but worth waiting for ..will post later tonight….

 

Well no huge soldier came into my apartment during the night looking for his uniform!!!!!  I had a really good sleep and was packed and ready to go to the bus station for the 9am bus to Skradin and my day out.  Whilst I was at the bus station I thought it prudent to purchase and reserve a seat on the bus tomorrow for Dubrovnik so I did and I have an early start tomorrow as the bus leaves at 8am.

The ride to Skradin was 30 minutes and there I purchased the boat ticket to go up to the waterfalls..it was all very organized…

DSCF1877

This is a view of Skradin from the water another pretty village.

DSCF1852

the trip was about 20 minutes and there I bought another boat ticket to go further up the canyon!!

DSCF1888

DSCF1890

Our first stop was the small island

DSCF1947

DSCF1948

You really got a sense of going back in time here and I was fortunate I left the tour group and wandered off on my own and went inside the wonderful church and witnessed the end of the mass..there are 3 monks and 10 novices on the Island!!

DSCF1864

Most unusual to see a church with two knaves..the portrait in the middle is Francis of Assisi who is very prominent in Mexican history!!!

DSCF1866

DSCF1876

Back on the boat the next stop was here

DSCF1894

DSCF1900

DSCF1898

We were allowed some time here so I wandered off it is amazing sometimes the sights you just happen to come across!!!!!!!

DSCF1908

Back on the boat and we returned to the first stop…

DSCF1924

DSCF1925

Well interesting and beautiful photos you must agree but is it gob smacked stuff???

 

Did I mention where I had lunch and then went swimming????

 

 

Scroll down

<

<

<

<

So where did you have lunch??

 

<

 

<

 

here it comes!!!!!

DSCF1933

DSCF1939

DSCF1941

I cannot even begin to describe what is like swimming here!!!!!!

DSCF1942

DSCF1944

I stayed here on the beach looking at this site for over two hours simply mesmerizing!!!!

Caught the bus back and got home at 8.30pm…had supper and going back down and hopefully post this!!!!

This truly was another day for the memory banks!!!!!

 

As Willie sang back on the road again tomorrow…

Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Spectacular! Thanks you Les, you are giving us a wake up call to get off our butts and travel to exotic places.

Rick

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...