Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday 21st July 2012…..the Ancient City!!!

Had a wonderful sleep and Ina prepared a very healthy and delicious breakfast and I was hoping she could come with me to see the sights but as she is self employed and busy she had to attend to appointments..so with map and some instructions from Ina I set off walking to the down town core about 15 minutes away.

I though the best idea was to take the tacky tourist train for 6 Euros to get a lay out of the city and see the sights I wanted to return to…so sit back no words necessary and enjoy the incredible city of Athens!!!

DSCF2771

DSCF2772

DSCF2778

DSCF2780

DSCF2784

DSCF2783

This was interesting in this little side street I found this tiny shop that sells and alters the frocks and gowns of the Rabbis and Priests

DSCF2785

DSCF2786

DSCF2788

DSCF2790

DSCF2796

DSCF2797

DSCF2798

DSCF2802

DSCF2810

This was the hill top we went to last night for the sunset!

DSCF2816Everywhere you look you see these ruins on top of the hill must go see them tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about!!!!!!!

DSCF2821

DSCF2824

DSCF2825

DSCF2826

DSCF2832I now have a Greek national team soccer shirt will model it maybe tomorrow!!!

DSCF2833

Had to try the lamb kebab and boy what it awesome!!!

DSCF2835

DSCF2841

DSCF2859

DSCF2860

DSCF2864

It was humbling to sit here a while knowing the next games are about to begin in London!!!

DSCF2861

On the way back home I passed the presidents palace and mansion and this young man was on guard

DSCF2865

He never flinched as the Officer adjusted his tunic and then he took a tissue out of his pocket and wiped the soldier's brow and nose…so cool!!!

Check out his boots!!!

DSCF2869

It was a long day and I walked miles and did not get home till 7pm but I really enjoyed myself.

Ina and I took Mona for a walk and then visited she is so interesting and so proud of her country and has helped me understand a bit more the crisis and the effect on the people…..

So I guess tomorrow I better see those old buildings and the most famous museum in the world…

Yashi Koshi..

2 comments:

Esther said...

Oh, my mouth is watering at the memory of those lamb kebabs! It's amazing how long food memories stay with you, since I was last there in 1972, lol!!!
That,along with rice pudding and Retsina are some of the strongest memories for me. Well, of course there was the Acropolis too.... ;)
Wonderful pics!

mexicokid said...

thanks it is a great place hope the two of you are doing well blessings Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...