Monday, July 02, 2012

Monday 2nd July 2012…Happy Canada Day weekend!!!

images

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I received great news from the family of my dear friend he is now out of ICU and has been air evacuated to his home city of Tucson where he will continue to receive care with his own Doctors who know his history…still my prayers and best thoughts go out to the family!!!!!

Yet another great morning and after a breakfast of cereal and yogurt I packed up lots of drinks and set out for the day……today was going to involve a short boat ride to a small Island close by called Red island.

I walked into town and down to the ferry terminal and it was 40 Kuna's about 7 dollars for the return fare and it was stunning to see the town from the ocean!!!

DSCF1399

DSCF1402

DSCF1406

Looking back the way we came.

The Island is small and I managed to walk almost all over before I found a nice lounge chair for rent for 30Kuna and settled in for the afternoon!!

DSCF1409

DSCF1413

I spent tons of time in the water here…

DSCF1414

I really enjoyed the easy relaxed day lots of rest and reading and cooling off in the clear ocean……I did not leave till 6pm and as I walked to the ferry I was overcome by the sweet smell of Lavender….

DSCF1415

I pulled about 20 stalks and now my room smells so fresh!!!!

Well there is a new woman in my life!!!!!!!!

 

I met her tonight and she is just lovely we get along so well and we are an easy fit…

she is going to spend the night with me but I feel comfortable with this arrangement…her name is Carla and she is Croatian…

 

do you want to see her photo??

 

 

Yes??

 

DSCF1418

Now come on don’t you think she is cool??

I have rented her for 24 hours to visit some villages that are about 50 miles away and I have read about them in a travel magazine…so I shall leave in the morning and return Carla by 8pm tomorrow night. The cost for the rental al inclusive was 300 Kuna's about 50 dollars.

It is already 10pm and time for a shower……Yashi Kochi

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Yes, Carla is adorable and close to the same color as Bonita, if I remember correctly?
The colours of the houses on the island remind me of Mexico. Beautiful scenery!
Have a great road trip tomorrow. Will look forward to the pictures and stories to come.
So happy to hear the good news about Guy. I'm sure he and Linda will be greatly relieved to be near their family. We wish them all the very best!

mexicokid said...

Thanks for all the kind words....yes put this country on your list....L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...