Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday 25h June 2012……my last big city for a few days….Venice!!!

The camp site provides a ticket for 23 Euros that allows you to get two buses and then a ferry into the Centre of Venice and return plus all the small ferries all day…an awesome deal…so I left at 9am with bag packed

here is my neighbor on the bus

DSCF0906

and it was easy to get into the center and my first glimpse…

DSCF0908

DSCF0916

DSCF0918

DSCF0920

Even though it was a Monday the place was packed with tourists and line ups everywhere and I refuse to pay to go into any church so I skipped that and just walked around and soaked up the flavor and the vitality that is Florence!!!

DSCF0923

DSCF0929

DSCF0930

Where did you have lunch today??

DSCF0925

DSCF0934

DSCF0939

DSCF0943

DSCF0956

After a few hours of enjoying wondering around I hit the wall ..it was hot, too many tourists and I decided it was time to hit the water so I boarded a small ferry on the Grand Canal and did the complete loop!!!

DSCF0968

DSCF0972

DSCF0981

I was still requiring some quiet time and did some research and with a couple of ferry changes I arrived and the out of this world small Isla of Burano!!!!

Never quite seen anything like in except maybe for the sights in Guanajuato in Mexico!!

Enjoy the peace, the tranquility and the colors!!!!!

DSCF0993Notice this tower leans as well!!!

DSCF0999

The Island is famous for its lace!!!!

DSCF0996

DSCF0999

DSCF1002

All this time in Italy with the warnings of beware of pickpockets well it happened to me on this tiny lovely Island…..I felt one of the zippers on my back pack opened and quickly turned around and found these two trying to rip me off…a quick shout and a wave of the hand and they were gone…

DSCF1006

Must have been all of 7 years of age!!!!!!

DSCF1009

DSCF1015

What a great way to end a perfect day!!!!

DSCF1017

Janet and Malc did their own thing today and Janet got her lifetime wish to go on a Gondola and Malc has been practicing his “O sol o Mio” all week…they said it was wonderful and 80 Euros for 30 minutes but well worth it!!

A bit of a hard time getting back to the camp site but made it now we are all cleaned and ready for the big scrabble game stay tuned….

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...