Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Monday 19th June 2012….Brilliant and brutal!!!

Happy father’s day Malc for yesterday and of course yet another scrabble win!!!!

DSCF0446

Now a job for you please…goggle Cinque Terri in Italy and read about this amazing area……

We walked down to the train station below the hill of the camp sight and went on the train about 45 minutes

DSCF0447

 

…I had heard about the Cinque Terre(the 5 lands) from my friend Karen and wanted to visit and today was the day…..Janet and Malc and I had decided we would take the train to the fifth village the furthest away…I was going to hike back and see all the villages and J& M would walk and then do a boat trip and train back…so we parted company at 11am and off I went.

The 5 villages are connected by train and also by walking paths and my first walk to the next village was only about 20 minutes!!!!

DSCF0450

DSCF0453

The views here were awesome but it was packed with tourists…

DSCF0457

I like this sign which was in one of the tunnels…

DSCF0458

 

DSCF0459

DSCF0464

This is the view of the second village!!!

DSCF0465

DSCF0468

The distance from the last village to the first is listed as 9km and a duration of 5 hours and at the second village the problem started…the path between the next village was closed for repair so I had an option of catching a train and missing a village or doing the detour and extra 11km!!!!!! Guess what I picked???

YES the detour and then the climb started..

DSCF0469

Getting higher!!!!

DSCF0472

This is looking back down the path I had just climbed step after step after step!!!

DSCF0474

Yes I went into that village and climbed up again!!!

DSCF0478

The path!!

DSCF0475

Yes I was down there too!!!!

DSCF0479

Another village ahead!!!

DSCF0481

A water break and the church in this village!!!

DSCF0485

DSCF0488

DSCF0489

DSCF0491

Onto the next village!!!

DSCF0492

DSCF0498

This where I am heading for and at last……..

DSCF0505

a swim never felt so good!!!!!

DSCF0506

DSCF0508

More steps and onto the next to last  one!!!

DSCF0510

DSCF0515

There were horrid floods here in October with much damage..

DSCF0514

DSCF0516

At last my final destination is in view!!!

DSCF0529

 

DSCF0530

It was 7pm by the time I got back to the train station to get the train home…I reckon I walked about 22 km and climbed thousands of steps…you who have been following the blog know I have done some amazing treks and this one was maybe one of the hardest but so spectacular!!!!!!!   thanks for reading along…

because I was exhausted I let Janet win at scrabble tonight…well done girl!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...