Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday 26th May 2012…….a life on the ocean waves!!!!!

This morning Michael left to go back to Alberta it was really nice to see him again and he is a great guy!!!!!

I did not mention it last night but Zach the 15 year old golf phenom had a terrible incident last night at the local golf course where he plays after he finished his round he left his clubs outside the club house whilst he went inside to phone for a ride home when he came out 2 minutes later his clubs, bag everything was gone.  Zach was devastated and his Dad went down and it turns out that these are the third set of clubs stolen in the last few weeks, they have the culprit on camera but it still means that Zach who is playing in a huge tournament today without his own fitted clubs worth well over 3000 dollars.  The golf club lent him a spare set of clubs and of course Zach was so upset but he said he wanted to compete today in the Men's open championship qualifier and to his great composure, attitude and skill after the first day he sits in second place way to go Zach!!!!

Sunny and hot this morning!!!!

So it was the day of the kayak adventure…Ben dropped me off at 9.30am and here I go to the Winchelsea Islands!!!

Map picture

 

 

 

DSCF9500Like everything else in my life my kayak has a name…say hello to The Great One!!!!

DSCF9501

The weather was perfect and the waves calm, a great day for a paddle!!!

DSCF9503

 

DSCF9505X is my destination!!

DSCF9506

DSCF9509

DSCF9510

Some of the wild life!!!

DSCF9516

DSCF9513

DSCF9536

I pulled up on the island and spent about 5 hours in the sun, reading, walking, eating and perhaps there may have been a snooze!!!

DSCF9517

DSCF9524

DSCF9525

DSCF9520

DSCF9533

DSCF9540

DSCF9535

DSCF9538

On the way home

DSCF9544

It was a great paddle and thanks to Ross who came and picked me up and home by 6.30pm and a wonderful day it was!!!!!

After supper I got cleaned up and settled down to watch the Vancouver Whitecaps  against Portland in soccer!!

DSCF9545

 

These are the TV commentators the gentleman on the left is Luke Wileman the son of my school hood chum…this one is for you Margaret and Ian!!!!

Anyone miss seeing these girls on my blog???

IMG_7728

Yashi kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...