Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday 4th May 2012….two weeks back!!

Well two weeks back and it has been a whirlwind of a time the good thing is I did not get that “blue” period that I have in previous years….my family on the Bank have been so supportive and I am very happy that Heather and Kirby have been able to get away on there own for the first time…..the boys have been great…Boomer…well let’s not go there!!!

I have to be honest and say I miss Ramona and being on the road but being grounded for a few weeks and connecting with all my friends is wonderful.

It was really a trip of a life time and I have so many memories and I was glad to see the Eastern provinces of my Country and also to go down the eastern seaboard of the States and returning to Bermuda after so many years was a joy!!!

Thanks again to all the special people that helped me along the way…the old friends I met, the new friends I made…..I am so blessed to have you all in my life….thanks!!!!!

I met my friends Barb and David for breakfast this morning this is like a regular thing now for the past few years…great to catch up and thanks for buying breakie!!!!

I was then supposed to go to Karen's house and cut the hedges for her but the rain put a hold on that till Monday….so I did some chores and then went and watched Alex ref a girls soccer game!!!

DSCF9150

DSCF9153

It is always a pleasure to see some of the young talent that I helped and educated a little continue reffing the games!!!

Back home for a while and happy that a courier brought to the house my

DSCF9158now I am good for five more years!!!!

At 12.30pm I went and picked up Zach from school and drove him to the other side of town where he was getting a ride to a golf course in the next city.  Zach is a golf nut and has been playing virtually all his life, he is 16 years old and his bedroom walls and cupboards are adorned with all his trophies and cups!!

His goal this year is to make it to the National Championship in the under 18’s being held in

Nova Scotia in the summer..way to go Zach!!

After I dropped him off I went down into Cedar and parked and went for a hike to

DSCF9161

This is a nice trail through rain forest

DSCF9160

coming out at the ocean!!

DSCF9163

DSCF9164

Not sure what kind of creature this was!!

DSCF9165

The trail eventually leads to a place called Dodd's Narrows a stretch of water where the currents run hard!!

DSCF9168

DSCF9172

DSCF9171

I have never understood why they call it Cable Bay!!

DSCF9170

DSCF9182

DSCF9183

DSCF9184

Not very clear but this is hail…DSCF9185

I got drenched on the way back to the car!!!

DSCF9187

It was a great hike that I enjoyed….. home in time to cook my kids their supper even though only Ben was home….at 8.30pm I had to drive the 25 minutes to pick up Zach from his golf and the good news is that I have to drive him back there at 6.15am tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!

Well now 10.30pm and I am going to take Boomer for a walk then tea, cookies and a movie…it is not an easy task being a DAD!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...