Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday 18th May 2012…Ramona and me on the road again!!!

This morning around 9am I drove up to Campbell River where my friends Norma and Croft live…I last saw them in Mexico just after Christmas.

Croft is a very handy man and he did 6 jobs for me on Ramona including changing the three batteries…he looks a bit fierce here but he is a gentle giant!!

DSCF9353

The old batteries…

DSCF9355

DSCF9356

Norma and Croft have a lovely home overlooking the channel and this huge rock is at the bottom of their driveway!!

DSCF9357

The First Nation legend of this rock is that it was a grizzly bear that swam over but because there are no grizzlies on the Island as soon as he set foot on the Island he turned to stone.

This marker is just down from their house…

DSCF9359

Croft did all the jobs so well and thanks so much…the three of us then went out for a late lunch early supper to a great fish and chip restaurant on the dock and I drove home and was back by 8.30pm….another good day.

You remember my good friends Paula and Jerry from Nova Scotia well Paula often e mails me and tells me she and Jerry are just getting into their hot tub so I write back in a fit of jealousy saying don’t mention that please…so today she sends me this photo taken when I was at their house last summer to appease me!!!!

IMG_1497Jerry and I or is that Jerry and me??

It was good to be driving Ramona again and I am so happy to have the batteries installed and the other little jobs done.thanks again Croft!!!

 

Map picture

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...